Talk

Advanced search

AIBU regarding the Sidebar of Doom?

(5 Posts)
MotherHen680 Thu 14-Jan-16 22:55:35

I've noticed that some MNers have some very strong views about the sidebar that appears on the right side of every page. I honestly don't think it's that bad. The trending and discussions bit is always interesting. Why do some posters dislike it so much?

PrimeDirective Thu 14-Jan-16 22:59:53

Most of the time I don't care about it because it falls off the edge of my screen, however, it is REALLY annoying when I have scrolled down beyond the bottom of it, because then the posts get wider and fall off the right-hand side of my screen.
So I wish it went down to the bottom of the page. I don't care what it says because I've never read it!

EveryoneIsDying Thu 14-Jan-16 23:09:05

The worst bit is the bottom bar which covers up part of the screen. No, i don't care about the blog spot or live web chat .i I want to read AIBU without any interference thank you !

OldCrowMedicineShow Thu 14-Jan-16 23:13:10

I'm confused.
Earlier on today, I read Charles Manson had died on the sidebar of Doom -->
and remarked to dh. Except I don't think he has died but I did see it here today.

nextusername Fri 15-Jan-16 00:21:17

The sidebar doesn't get in the way. I find the purple bar at the bottom of the screen annoying though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now