Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to be so annoyed that men have all the fun

(45 Posts)
ThisIsStartingToBoreMe Thu 14-Jan-16 21:52:42

Why is it always men who get to carry out really exciting staff like the Brinks Matt robbery and the Hatten Garden Diamond Heist. And I know they never found the people who robbed the safety deposit box in Mayfair but I bet they were men too!!!

Seriously though, i'm curious as to why more women aren't invited to take part.

ilovesooty Thu 14-Jan-16 21:54:28

grin at "invited to take part"

WorraLiberty Thu 14-Jan-16 21:56:13

Invited?

What the actual fuck? grin

Eeeek686 Thu 14-Jan-16 21:56:55

Too busy having babies and playing on mumsnet?!
grin

SisterMoonshine Thu 14-Jan-16 21:57:30

It did make me smile that the Hatton Garden diamond robbers were pensioners.

sooperdooper Thu 14-Jan-16 21:57:58

Nah I bet the Mayfair safety deposit box were women and that's why they've not been caught hmm

SwearyInn Thu 14-Jan-16 21:58:09

Because we'd constantly have to re-do our make-uo and can't run fast enough in heels. And we'd probably giggle too much.

LottieDoubtie Thu 14-Jan-16 21:58:20

grin Women! Shit at crime.

mudandmayhem01 Thu 14-Jan-16 21:58:22

Maybe female master criminals just don't get caught

sooperdooper Thu 14-Jan-16 21:58:28

Damn should've been grin

Diggum Thu 14-Jan-16 22:02:44

I think I could be very handy with an oxyacetylene torch if anyone is interested in tackling this injustice.

TrojanWhore Thu 14-Jan-16 22:03:07

" Maybe female master criminals just don't get caught"

Fixed that for you

knobblyknee Thu 14-Jan-16 22:03:52

There was a TV sitcom in the 1970's that the men were caught and put in prison, and the wives took over. So we cant all be shit at crime. They were actually quite good at it.

Cavaradossi Thu 14-Jan-16 22:05:42

Rose Dugdale, an English debutante, joined the IRA, carried out a heist that involved robbing £8 million of paintings, and then bombed an RUC station in Strabane using a hijacked helicopter. Got nine years and gave birth in Limerick prison.

ThisIsStartingToBoreMe Thu 14-Jan-16 22:15:10

That sitcom was called Widows and I remember it well!!!!

Yes, I think the women robbers just haven't been caught, that's it!

BoneyBackJefferson Thu 14-Jan-16 22:15:27

OP

you have a strange sense of fun.

ThisIsStartingToBoreMe Thu 14-Jan-16 22:22:02

Joking aside. I am really really curious as to why this sort of thing is always done by an all male group

ToastedOrFresh Thu 14-Jan-16 22:25:53

Because we'd constantly have to re-do our make-uo and can't run fast enough in heels. And we'd probably giggle too much.

This ^ smile

I remember a scene from, 'Men behaving badly' when the Martin Clunes character is rummaging through a box looking for something and all he finds is hair dryers, curling tongs, hairbrushes etc and he exclaims, 'no wonder you women don't get positions in industry, you're all to busy doing your hair.'

Even I had to smile at that !

It was a joke, btw, and then over 20 years ago before anyone feels the need to start reaming me.

WRT the OP. It would have meant working overnight, even then on a public holiday i.e. Good Friday. Who's minding the kids ? The husband ? The infirm relative ? The drama friend ?

hollowlegs Thu 14-Jan-16 22:26:53

They would trip when they were running away.

(in the films we AWAYS tri. smile

ToastedOrFresh Thu 14-Jan-16 22:27:53

square brackets for a smile otherwise the word smile just comes out emboldened.

Strangertides1 Thu 14-Jan-16 22:28:32

But how do you known no women were involved??...perhaps they were simply smart enough no to get caught. wink

ToastedOrFresh Thu 14-Jan-16 22:30:19

I also find it quite telling that initial reports were saying that it was a gang of East Eurpeans that wot done it.

Foreigner blame anyone ?

I didn't think it was done by them, it just seemed like the crime of a bunch of old lags...oh wait.

coffeeisnectar Thu 14-Jan-16 22:31:08

I love that they used their bus passes to meet up to plan it.

Quite clearly all the women masterminds have never been caught.

JarethTheGoblinKing Thu 14-Jan-16 22:31:35

Women don't get caught

slicedfinger Thu 14-Jan-16 22:33:57

Brilliant line on the BBC just now. "... Even suffering from in continence... Left a trail..." grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now