Talk

Advanced search

wedding one...

(9 Posts)
Wanderer1789 Tue 12-Jan-16 20:22:23

Marrying my partner near the end of the year.

We are just having very close family at the ceremony plus two friends each who will be in the wedding party as bridesmaids/groomsmen, but that's it.

We have huge families so even not all family are invited to the day part, they are happy to attend the evening (we have given them the heads up before invites). We have a huge evening venue that can accommodate everyone.

My question is, would it be rude to invite my friends (attending just evening) to my Hen do even though they are not attending the actual ceremony? It will just be a local meal and night out so nothing expensive.

ExtraBlessings Tue 12-Jan-16 20:25:22

Go for it. Sounds like you are having a v small ceremony.
Have fun.

Only1scoop Tue 12-Jan-16 20:27:06

Fine to invite

molyholy Tue 12-Jan-16 20:27:37

Not at all. I would not be offended, would totally understand and would be happy to attend an inexpensive hen do. Especially as you have told everyone the score.

sooperdooper Tue 12-Jan-16 20:28:53

Yes, we had a v small wedding and invited people to my hen who weren't invited to the wedding - just explain to everyone up front

CakeFail Tue 12-Jan-16 20:45:38

Yes definitely fine.

Osolea Tue 12-Jan-16 21:08:56

As long as you aren't planning an expensive hen do that requires a long journey, it's fine.

maggiethemagpie Tue 12-Jan-16 21:11:11

I'm having a wedding where we can't fit everyone in the ceremony room so have told friends to come after the ceremony, it hadn't even crossed my mind not to invite them to the hen do!

Barbadosgirl Tue 12-Jan-16 22:51:26

Congrats on your wedding and do it! I invited people to my hen who did not come to the wedding as we got married overseas.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now