Talk

Advanced search

To wish the dog wouldn't shit constantly TMI, obviously

(13 Posts)
FlowersAndShit Tue 12-Jan-16 15:08:21

Trying to beat my agoraphobia and that includes taking my mum's dog for walkies around the block. It's literally a 5 minute walk and as soon as we turn the corner the furry wanker insists on shitting in the exact same spot despite my constant distractions of "PEANUT BUTTER!" OH LOOK, KONG! in the hopes he will forget about dropping one out.

No sooner than 2 minutes later he stoops down and does another giant golden nugget as 5 cars come past and I pick it up and a nugget falls out. I don't understand why taking the dog for a bastard 5 minute walk around the block is so gross and complicated sad

LordBrightside Tue 12-Jan-16 15:10:16

What are you feeding it? Give raw meat and bones and you won't have a problem because there is very little waste.

LetThereBeCupcakes Tue 12-Jan-16 15:12:35

Walking usually encourages a dog to go. He has to go sometime!

BreconBeBuggered Tue 12-Jan-16 15:12:57

They're creatures of habit and like to go where they've been before. You need a second poo bag if you're losing nuggets by the second drop-off.

TheWitTank Tue 12-Jan-16 15:13:28

He needs the toilet. He can't use the house loo or shit on the floor. It takes all of 20 seconds to pick up the poo. I can't see the issue? Do you expect him to never poo?
Or are you stressed because of the time it takes and you are desperate to get home/keep moving? Perhaps walking without the dog would be better for you.

FlowersAndShit Tue 12-Jan-16 15:18:14

I let him out before we leave, I just don't get how he can shit that much in 5 minutes

whatevva Tue 12-Jan-16 15:22:01

Take him for a longer walk, then he can get the pooing over with in the first 5 minutes, and then you can have a nice walk without this bit and hopefully enjoy it. (used to have dogs that pooed loads sad)

Drew64 Tue 12-Jan-16 16:13:51

You have a point, our dog will do huge poos in the garden but on a walk he feels the need to squeeze out the tiniest nugget and sometimes we can't find them even though we have watched him crouch!
Walk = Shit

Topseyt Tue 12-Jan-16 16:20:17

It is highly likely to be the food he is on. Lord Brightside does have a point there.

What it she feeding him. If if is a food full of colourants and fillers (such as wheat) then it will cause a lot of big and hard to clear up poo.

Boutonneux Tue 12-Jan-16 16:21:16

He's not doing it to annoy you, you do know that right?

YABU.

"Furry wanker"? Charming. Poor dog. Would you rather he shit in the house?

FlowersAndShit Tue 12-Jan-16 16:29:44

He's fed on James wellbeloved.

Bouton Shut up, he's a well loved dog and spoilt rotten.

ArkATerre Tue 12-Jan-16 16:31:56

You will thank him for it when the forecast cold weather arrives. Instant Hand Warmer.

NantucketNightbird Tue 12-Jan-16 16:59:06

Ark grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now