To ask you ALL to vote on this EU STAY or LEAVE thread?

(12 Posts)
BlueSmarties76 Mon 11-Jan-16 08:48:13

We need more people to express an opinion on this thread (link) about if we should stay or leave the EU. Probably should have posted the original one Somewhere higher traffic really!

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/in_the_news/2545490-Quick-Poll-EU-stay-or-leave

BlueSmarties76 Mon 11-Jan-16 09:40:19

Bump

Sallyingforth Mon 11-Jan-16 09:46:42

Why do you need it?
The negotiations haven't even finished yet.
Voting now would just be out of personal prejudice.

GiddyOnZackHunt Mon 11-Jan-16 09:52:05

There was a thread a week or two ago with the same question. See if you can find that for more responses.

AnchorDownDeepBreath Mon 11-Jan-16 09:55:45

Who is collecting the data? What's it being used for?

sotiredofthis1 Mon 11-Jan-16 09:58:22

YABU - ALL of us do not actually want to vote on any thread!

honeysucklejasmine Mon 11-Jan-16 10:04:22

Why? I don't know nearly enough about it to have a say now. I'll wait until there's more information available. Pointless to vote now!

Arfarfanarf Mon 11-Jan-16 10:20:53

Why? What's the purpose of it? I am not asking that in a nasty way grin I promise. I'm being nosy grin It's just that a thread on mn with people saying yes or no doesn't do anything. It's not an actual vote on anything or changing or deciding anything. What do you mean by need? What's the need? Are you compiling answers for something?

LordBrightside Mon 11-Jan-16 10:22:13

If Scotland were independent I'd want to leave but as things stand being part of the U.K. I'll be voting to stay.

We need Europe to keep the Tories under control to a degree.

BlueSmarties76 Mon 11-Jan-16 10:31:06

Apologies if I wasn't clear!

I don't need more answers for any specific purpose, just that a bigger sample size is always good. No, I'm not using the results for anything, just personal interest as I'm very curious to see how opinion lies in light of the Cologne (and other) attacks at new year as my perception is that it's shifted a lot of people further towards leaving.

JeffreySadsacIsUnwell Mon 11-Jan-16 10:33:17

Really? I'd have said the opposite - people I've heard talking about it are reluctantly feeling that we need unity/communication/shared funding to combat terrorism.

JeffreySadsacIsUnwell Mon 11-Jan-16 10:34:13

I'm firmly on the fence till I see what the deal actually is, btw!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now