To laugh so hard

(36 Posts)
ilovemydoggy Sat 09-Jan-16 20:11:39

I haven't laughed so hard in ages and poor Dh doesn't think it's funny.
We was getting ready to go out and I always leave my straightens on while I get dress so I can run over the front of my hair again. This time I left them on the bed. Dh comes in taking to me and I'm deciding what to wear so not looking at him and what does he do. He sat naked on my straightens he then jumps up off the bed slips over and has put his foot through our bedroom wall. I'm not even the slightest bit sorry that I actually did laugh so much a little bit of wee may of come out. blush

StealthPolarBear Sat 09-Jan-16 20:13:07

Well have you checked him for actual burns
and broken bones??

theycallmemellojello Sat 09-Jan-16 20:14:33

I'd be upset if my dh laughed in these circs. Fine to laugh if the person who has fallen starts laughing but not otherwise IMO. And sitting on turned on straighteners while nude sounds nasty.

CurlyhairedAssassin Sat 09-Jan-16 20:15:27

You can leave straighteners on a bed without them setting the duvet cover on fire?!

MuttonDressedAsMutton Sat 09-Jan-16 20:15:32

Are you 7?

ilovemydoggy Sat 09-Jan-16 20:16:52

His got a little red mark and that's it. I think he must have just skimmed them and not fully sat on them. My Dh's nickname is Frank Spencer as his always doing things like this. He is now finding it funny.

AnchorDownDeepBreath Sat 09-Jan-16 20:17:05

It's probably a big fire risk leaving your straighteners turned on, on your bed?

Did you check him for burns? And then his foot?

I think seeing someone sit on straighteners, especially naked, and then put their foot through a wall, would be too serious to be funny - and then I'd feel too bad for causing their accident to laugh afterwards.

I hope he's alright.

ThoughtfulPenny Sat 09-Jan-16 20:18:14

Well I think it's hilarious grinI Laughed out loud reading your post.
I'd imagine that he's not writhing around in pain while you're posting this mind. If he were then I'd probably judge you a little. smile

ilovemydoggy Sat 09-Jan-16 20:21:30

No it's not in pain. I've checked his bum and nothing there and his foot is fine. It happened in seconds. If he wasn't so clumsy it wouldn't have been half as funny. My straighten sit on a heat mat on the bed and have done for the last 10 years and never caused a problem. I don't go out and leave them just walk a few steps to my wardrobe

katiekid Sat 09-Jan-16 20:21:59

i have been burnt by straighteners several times and it hurts, then your dh fell. I dont think its funny, is he okay?

londonrach Sat 09-Jan-16 20:24:15

Hope he is ok?

ghostyslovesheep Sat 09-Jan-16 20:25:15

I think that's a bit mean - and I'd be very angry with my 13 year old if she was so daft with straightners

ilovemydoggy Sat 09-Jan-16 20:25:46

His fine his got a tiny little red bit that's all. His foot is fine as he had shoes on.

Goingtobeawesome Sat 09-Jan-16 20:27:27

YABU and I doubt very much he thinks it is funny.

MrsS1980 Sat 09-Jan-16 20:27:49

Fully naked apart from his shoes?

MelanieCheeks Sat 09-Jan-16 20:28:01

It's not really funny, I don't find another person, particularly a dear person, being hurt, funny.

NaughtToThreeSadOnions Sat 09-Jan-16 20:28:37

So you don't think anything of pretentially causing a major fire then laugh at some one seriously injuring themselves. I'll just leave that there.

gamerchick Sat 09-Jan-16 20:29:58

Man I'm getting old angry

ilovemydoggy Sat 09-Jan-16 20:32:27

He is really laughing about it so he finds it just as funny as me now! He couldn't decide what shoes to wear so was trying them on before getting ready. Has no one heard of an heat pad for your straighteners?

Silvercatowner Sat 09-Jan-16 20:34:12

Man I'm getting old angry

Silvercatowner Sat 09-Jan-16 20:34:40

Should've added 'me too'

Penguito Sat 09-Jan-16 20:41:04

He couldn't decide what shoes to wear so he was trying them on? Completely naked? Surely that's what you do once you are dressed, see what shoes look best.

SoupDragon Sat 09-Jan-16 20:42:51

Your DH was naked but for a pair of shoes??

shazzarooney99 Sat 09-Jan-16 20:42:52

Why would a naked man have shoes on?

Ilovetorrentialrain Sat 09-Jan-16 20:45:25

Sorry OP but I'd have a total sense of humour failure over this one. Unless it's an episode of Bevis and Butthead. Assume you're adults?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now