To hate getting up at this time

(53 Posts)
UndramaticPause Sat 09-Jan-16 10:51:52

Every bloody weekend my body refuses to participate in the day until I've had over 12 hours sleep. It's such a waste! Dh sees to the dc and is of the opinion if I didn't need the sleep I'd wake up so he leaves me to come too of my own accord.

Most of the weekend has gone :-(

Before some smart arse says set an alarm, I do. But It never wakes me and ends up going for so long dh gets annoyed and turns it off. I seriously cannot be roused.

Sirzy Sat 09-Jan-16 10:55:01

Can you go to bed earlier on a Friday night then? Go at 9 so you have had your 12 hours by 9am?

As someone who sees 7am as a lie in now I can only have minimal sympathy though I am afraid

originalmavis Sat 09-Jan-16 10:57:03

Have you a horribly manic week? Maybe you do need to try to take it easier during the week do that you don't need to recharge your batteries so much atbthe weekend.

mrsmugoo Sat 09-Jan-16 10:58:22

I used to refuse to function on less than 10-12 hours sleep at the weekend too.

Then I had kids.

LilaTheTiger Sat 09-Jan-16 11:00:34

There's loads of weekend left!

Have shower, get dressed and enjoy it now ☺

FishEye Sat 09-Jan-16 11:00:51

Pure laziness, and lack of willpower obviously. When your alarm goes off, just get up. Your poor husband.

Leelu6 Sat 09-Jan-16 11:01:12

I'm so jealous. That is all.

StillStayingClassySanDiego Sat 09-Jan-16 11:01:45

What do you do during the week, do you get up alright then?

Imstickingwiththisone Sat 09-Jan-16 11:03:13

I think to feel that you need 12 hours sleep something isn't right?? How many hours sleep do you have during the week?

I find that if I sleep too much I feel really groggy

MoMoTy Sat 09-Jan-16 11:03:52

If you can wake up fine during the week then why is the weekend different

caravanista Sat 09-Jan-16 11:05:20

Wow! Full marks to your DH. If these roles were reversed he'd be flamed!

UndramaticPause Sat 09-Jan-16 11:05:28

I'm going to be accused of drip feeding aren't I but fuck it.

I have a cfs type condition that I take medication for, a lot of medication. During the week I work and ferry the dc around and take my tablets after dinner so I can be up for work the following day. On a Friday we sometimes go out to see family or out as a couple which means my tablets are delayed which then has a knock on effect to when I wake up. It's horrible. And yes an element of it is because I force myself to be 'normal' in the week my body crashes on the weekend. But I refuse to accept I can't be normal all because of my health.

In essence i'm a bloody minded arse really.

LagoonaBlu Sat 09-Jan-16 11:05:44

Have you had VitD levels and iron checked?

Vit D deficiency is very common at this time of year

WorraLiberty Sat 09-Jan-16 11:06:12

It's probably a mental thing.

You know you can lie in because your DH will see to the kids, and the more you sleep the more tired you can become.

Ask your DH to make you a coffee and call you downstairs when it's ready.

It really is just a case of swinging your legs out of bed.

FishEye Sat 09-Jan-16 11:06:37

Exactly MoMoTy, pathetic

LagoonaBlu Sat 09-Jan-16 11:06:50

What is CFS?

WorraLiberty Sat 09-Jan-16 11:07:46

Ahh, X posted with the dripfeed.

BrandNewAndImproved Sat 09-Jan-16 11:08:04

I used to have this problem, could sleep 10 to 12 hours easy and did everyday. It went when I was about 24/5 and now I wake up at the same time everyday and lay in bed drinking coffee instead of sleeping.

yorkshapudding Sat 09-Jan-16 11:08:05

So are you able to get up at a reasonable time during the week? If you're fine getting up during the week (when you have to) and only have this problem at weekends then I don't see how it's your "body refusing". What if your DH was away? Surely you wouldn't just sleep through your alarm, ignore the DC's and leave them to it? You would get up, because you wouldn't have another option.

LagoonaBlu Sat 09-Jan-16 11:09:20

I have to get up at 6am during the week and don't normally get to bed until 12. I struggle massively. My top tip is get up straight away, but get in the bath. Its a bit of a halfway hpouse for !me and I am doing something useful whilst I come to

yorkshapudding Sat 09-Jan-16 11:09:26

Oh OK, x posted with drip feed

UndramaticPause Sat 09-Jan-16 11:09:26

If dh goes away I don't take my medication.

WorraLiberty Sat 09-Jan-16 11:12:10

This thread is now a waste of time, as most people will read your OP and answer you based on that.

Might be best to get it deleted and write the next one properly.

Alicewasinwonderland Sat 09-Jan-16 11:18:02

You said it yourself, it's your own fault.

Do you realise that most of us do plan their week also based on the weekend? If I have to be up at 6am on Saturday to do something, then I make sure I have a couple of early nights during the week. (as much as the kids let me)

Some people do need more sleep than others, ignore the ones who will tell you they are fine on 5 hours sleep a night. Good for them, but that doesn't help anyone.

Just decide what time you want to be up on Saturday and plan accordingly? How is that difficult? You are making it harder than it should because you focus on your medical problems. "Normal" does not mean anything!

Sirzy Sat 09-Jan-16 11:19:07

Can you afford to reduce your working hours so you can rest in the week?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now