AIBU to be annoyed at DP?!

(5 Posts)
smartiesaretheanswer Sat 09-Jan-16 00:23:02

I live with my DP and his adult son, whose girlfriend stays over at weekends. She has just got a job in a nearby town, and as she lives further away DP has told her she can stay with us "for around 3 weeks" while settling in to the new job so won't have to face the longer commute at first. However he didn't ask me about this and just told me it was happening. confused AIBU to be annoyed by this or am I just being difficult?! They do plan on moving in together at a later date but no definite plans yet.

WorraLiberty Sat 09-Jan-16 00:30:01

YANBU, he should have discussed it with you.

FlatOnTheHill Sat 09-Jan-16 00:32:14

On reading this initially i would be pissed off to have not been asked too.
What is the arrangement with you and dp regarding the property? Who owns it etc

BirdsInMyPants Sat 09-Jan-16 01:01:01

Did you move into his home? How long ago?

It's all relative.

If you moved in 6 months ago after being on his own with his ds for 10 years (for example) I think it's understandable that a three week think wouldn't have entered his mind to 'consult you'.

But if you have been together for 20 years and have lived together for however many and have been on the rent/mortgage together then yeah, it's a bit of a cheek to not ask you. But it's three weeks.

On the other hand, if it's YOUR place he's moved into, with his son, followed by his gf then it's a different story.

It's all in the details people. All in the details. Think before you post. Save us some time.

rosewithoutthorns Sat 09-Jan-16 01:14:21

Im with Birds here. There are lots of missing bits.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now