Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To ask if its normal to feel the cold?

(37 Posts)
TheCatsMeow Fri 08-Jan-16 21:26:52

I'm always shivering. Everyone else in the house can walk around in t shirts I'm always turning radiators up and wrapping myself in blankets. Even in the summer I'm cold. I constantly argue that I don't want to live in a cold house but get told it's me who feels the cold. I don't feel warm unless the house temp is above 22 degrees

Whenever I take my body temperature it's always 36.2 ish never higher, and I pass out a lot and shake. I'm starting to think there's something wrong with me.

Normal or am I really sensitive to cold, and what could cause it?

Marmitelover55 Fri 08-Jan-16 21:28:53

It could be your thyroid - feeling very cold and having a low body temperature were symptoms for me.

TheCatsMeow Fri 08-Jan-16 21:30:24

Would that show up in a blood test? i had one of those recently and the only thing that showed was low white cells

Cel982 Fri 08-Jan-16 21:31:48

Yep, definitely get your thyroid function checked with your GP. Especially if you're passing out 'a lot' - that's not at all normal... hmm

TheCatsMeow Fri 08-Jan-16 21:33:30

I've always passed out since I was a child they've never found a reason for it other than chronically low blood pressure which they also can't work out why

Luckystar1 Fri 08-Jan-16 21:33:51

Is it under active or over active thyroid that would cause this. It sounds very much like me! Can you tell me any other indicators please?

Marmitelover55 Fri 08-Jan-16 21:36:38

Under active (hypothyroidism):
www.thyroiduk.org.uk/tuk/about_the_thyroid/hypothyroidism_signs_symptoms.html

TheCatsMeow Fri 08-Jan-16 21:41:04

Thanks Marmite. I have a few of those symptoms but the more vague ones so who knows.

DaveMinion Fri 08-Jan-16 21:41:08

I'm the same. Always freezing. Thyroid is perfectly normal.

TheCatsMeow Fri 08-Jan-16 21:49:48

Dave do they know why you're always cold?

Jivetoes Fri 08-Jan-16 21:53:00

I'm am always cold, always have been, I am very underweight at the moment which worsens it. Before that there was no reason though. On the flip side my son and my father are both always hot, human radiators, the sort that were shorts in winter! Very strange!

Jivetoes Fri 08-Jan-16 21:53:39

Oh I agree with pp's about getting your thyroid checked too though.

junebirthdaygirl Fri 08-Jan-16 23:43:39

I feel the cold have low blood pressure and often feel faint. I blame it on low iron levels and have to work hard on keeping my levels up. How are your iron levels?

MistressDeeCee Sat 09-Jan-16 00:57:52

Im the same, I feel cold very easily and could not bear to live in a cold house. When others are warm, Im not Thyroid perfectly normal though. DD had low blood pressure and anaemia and she felt the cold a lot at those times. I agree with others about keeping your iron levels up. Get your blood pressure levels checked too

Dollymixtureyumyum Sat 09-Jan-16 07:15:19

I was always cold OP then I found out I had vitamin b12 deficiency. Now on three monthly injections and really don't feel the cold as much.'def worth getting checked out

TheCatsMeow Sat 09-Jan-16 07:51:59

I had a blood test that showed low b12 but I was told I didn't need injections. How did you get them Dolly?

Idefix Sat 09-Jan-16 08:15:13

cat it might be you are on the low side of normal, it has quite a wide range.

It may be worth asking to have it rechecked if it has been 4-6mths since the last one. I would also say it may be worth trying a concerted effort to boost intake of vit b12, vit d, vit c and iron. If you increase your intake and levels are still low it could be a problem of malabsorption and your levels will continue to drop.

TheCatsMeow Sat 09-Jan-16 08:40:45

Idefix thank you. It was a few months ago so I'll see what they say.

BikeGeek Sat 09-Jan-16 09:26:06

Low thyroid normally would cause high blood pressure rather than low.

Changeychanger Sat 09-Jan-16 09:51:12

My mother and I have raynaud's which means we are always cold. Something to look in to?

Changeychanger Sat 09-Jan-16 09:53:35

http://www.raynauds.org.uk/raynauds/raynauds

TheCatsMeow Sat 09-Jan-16 10:00:45

Change my hands feet and nose are always icy cold, it does sound like Raynauds. Thanks

LivingInMidnight Sat 09-Jan-16 11:09:55

You would likely get colour change with raynauds though.

notenoughbottle Sat 09-Jan-16 11:27:20

Did they give a reason why you're white cells were low? There is something called Gilbert 's Syndrome which can cause low neutrophils and and show symptoms in some.

helenahandbag Sat 09-Jan-16 11:45:38

I'm always freezing and everyone around insists that it's just me. I had my thyroid checked last month and it's fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now