Talk

Advanced search

...to wonder if all teenage siblings are like this?

(23 Posts)
liz70 Fri 08-Jan-16 17:58:30

Me, shouting upstairs to DDs 1 and 2: "Come down, your tea's on the table."

(After only DD1, 16, has appeared) Me, again, to DD2, 15: "Tea's ready!"

DD2, coming downstairs: "Yeah, I fucking heard you!"

Me: "Don't you dare talk to me like that!"

DD2:"Sorry; I thought you were DD1."

Because that would have made it okay, then...hmm

(They love each other, really. Sort of. )

Merguez Fri 08-Jan-16 18:11:09

Yep. My 2 teenage ds's swear all the time.

Drives me fucking nuts.

TinklyLittleLaugh Fri 08-Jan-16 18:13:27

No, I have never heard any of mine swear (eldest is 22 now). We are just not a sweary family.

Donge13 Fri 08-Jan-16 18:16:32

Swearing and calling each other random things is normal here, even thought they really do get on

insan1tyscartching Fri 08-Jan-16 18:17:33

Mine don't swear in my hearing but I don't doubt they swear when with mates out of the house.

PirateSmile Fri 08-Jan-16 18:18:10

Sorry but that made me laugh grin

skippy67 Fri 08-Jan-16 18:18:54

My two 18 and 15 never swear at each other. In fact I've never heard them swear. I'm sure they do, just not at home. They do wind each other up though!

Twowrongsdontmakearight Fri 08-Jan-16 18:19:53

Mine (16 and 12) don't swear. But they're not above thumping each other occasionally angry

liz70 Fri 08-Jan-16 18:20:21

"Sorry but that made me laugh"

DD1 was wetting herself! grin

DawnOfTheDoggers Fri 08-Jan-16 18:28:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

flashheartscanoe Fri 08-Jan-16 18:29:30

He recognised his mistake and apologised. What a well brought up lad!

Marilynsbigsister Fri 08-Jan-16 18:30:57

I am very lucky in that my three have never ever, not once had a cross word or hit each other - ever... ( I am v smug about this as dh kids are living nightmare, bash each other constantly and drive everyone nuts with constant bickering...) but... Mine do swear at each other in 'affectionate' way. Eg. 'Grubs up knob-head'. 'Gis a lift fuckwomble - there's a love'. Etc etc.... It's sweet really, although they keep the swearing between each other and never at me.

U2HasTheEdge Fri 08-Jan-16 18:31:25

Yeah.

That would probably happen here.

They swear quite a bit. As long as it isn't at me I don't care too much. I pull them up when it gets too much.

I still have never swore around my mum because she was strict about it. I blame her for being sweary grin

liz70 Fri 08-Jan-16 18:33:01

"He recognised his mistake and apologised. What a well brought up lad!"

Well, I guess if DD2 has changed sex then swearing at her sister is the least of my worries! #nooffencemeanttotransgenderpeople

ThroughThickAndThin01 Fri 08-Jan-16 18:35:53

I don't hear my 3 swearing much tbh. It doesn't worry me. I hardly ever swear myself, but I don't mind it in others. Dh swears a lot so I couldn't really blame my teens if they do.

cosytoaster Fri 08-Jan-16 18:36:10

Yep, mine are, even when they're getting on well - sort of cheery swearing!

YellowBellyBear Fri 08-Jan-16 18:36:31

DS swears to his friends when he is gaming online, but I've not heard him swear at his brothers. If I hear him, I tell him off. The rule in this house is that he can swear, but not when his brothers or I can hear it.

PurpleHairAndPearls Fri 08-Jan-16 18:42:16

Sorry, it made me grintoo. I don't mind swearing in a general sense, but I don't like swearing directed at people, if that makes sense.

For example:

"oh fuck that hurt!" in response to stubbed toe = OK

"Fuck off" to a sibling = not OK

Although my DD once rang me, I didn't pick up so my voicemail kicked in but she didn't realise and I was treated to a delightful recording of her conversation with her mates that began "Fuck sake, my phone's fucking shit" shock

Needless to say, when she had earned her phone back, she appreciated it a lot more grin

SanityClause Fri 08-Jan-16 18:53:15

Get a dinner bell, or dinner gong.

Ring it, and they either come and eat, or they don't.

DD1 was recently at a friend's house for dinner. The family apologised for their dinner bell as they thought it was a little eccentric. The friend then came to ours for dinner, and discovered that we also have a dinner bell...

springscoming Fri 08-Jan-16 19:01:46

Nope. They all get on well and just have never talked to each other like that. Considering I couldn't be in the same room with my own DSis without WW3 breaking out, I am very grateful indeed.

Do I win the smug fucker prize?

GingerIvy Fri 08-Jan-16 19:02:13

Ha. Still remember as teenagers when my sister walked into the living room and said "So where the fuck is mum?" and began a very foul mouthed rant about my mum... until she happened to see our mum sitting in a chair in the corner, looking over the book she'd been reading, one eyebrow raised and listening intently.

Ah, very entertaining afternoon it was. grin

BlueCalicoBlue Fri 08-Jan-16 19:44:58

It would be polite for my house. Mine swear all the time. Ex Dh swears a lot, so mine swore from being small. I used to tell them that is was ok to swear in the house but not at school or in other peoples. Now they are teenagers it does not matter.

Hihohoho1 Fri 08-Jan-16 19:53:03

Very funny op. Yes would be fine in my house. Funny swearing is fine but would not allow violent swearing at each other if you see what I mean.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now