To delete a game app I have been playing for months and try to spend the time reading instead?

(11 Posts)
GlitteryShoes Thu 07-Jan-16 22:45:44

I have got into the habit of playing 'Cooking Dash' every night for an hour and have probably spent £25 on it blush.
I really enjoy it.
But today I saw my junior employee ( from 15 years ago) on the TV as the expert on 'baby brain'. I left that world to become a foster carer and spent my day washing vomit off a sheet and making lasagne for the freezer <sigh>
Should I delete my game and spend the time doing something more intellectual? Or shall I just carry on and admit I am no longer a brainy person???

UnGoogleable Thu 07-Jan-16 22:48:38

Oh you could be me.

I relish my evenings MNing, or reading Buzzfeed. I was once terribly addicted to HayDay and had to delete it... blush

I often think, if I spent as much time reading anything as I do on MN, I'd be 100 times more intelligent....

and yet, here I am..!

PaulDirac Thu 07-Jan-16 22:48:53

It'd probably do you good to have a break from the game. Maybe try reading for a week and give yourself a chance to see how you get on. I'm speaking as someone who gets very addicted to whatever my latest obsession is, and in the past that has included games on my phone.

TheSecondViola Thu 07-Jan-16 22:49:05

Why not play a bit and read a bit too? Or do whichever you actually enjoy. Who's judging you?

UnGoogleable Thu 07-Jan-16 22:49:10

p.s. What's Cooking Dash - is it any good? wink

misskatamari Thu 07-Jan-16 22:50:50

Ooooh give diner dash a go - it's ace too!

MillionToOneChances Thu 07-Jan-16 22:53:43

I delete any game that gets me hooked like that as soon as I realise it's out of control. Haven't beaten the mumsnet bug yet, though.

Pipsqueak11 Thu 07-Jan-16 23:04:36

you are talking about me and candy crush - level 550 - god knows how many hours i have wasted on that!!! but it is quite relaxing in a stress inducing sort of way!

DixieNormas Thu 07-Jan-16 23:41:26

I love hayday, it's the only game I play

kilmuir Thu 07-Jan-16 23:43:39

farm heroes saga for me

OvO Thu 07-Jan-16 23:57:44

SimCity Build It for me. blush

I never pay real money though. shock

I'm doing the 50 book challenge thing (thread on here somewhere) so that's making me read more. But I won't stop playing my game too! <defiant>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now