Lazy messy OH

(10 Posts)
Mslg Thu 07-Jan-16 21:32:13

Came home from 3 days away with work to a pigsty house, no washing up done and OH in bed with a hangover at 6pm. Am 9 weeks pregnant, AIBU to expect to come home to a relatively tidy place and not have to pick up after him when he clearly hasn't lifted a finger for 3 days?

I'm so angry. Sorry, rant over.

6cats3gingerkittens Thu 07-Jan-16 21:34:57

I had one like this. He's gone now.

HarrysMummy17 Thu 07-Jan-16 21:37:13

I feel for you. My dp is the same. If I go away I usual come home to mess. He tries to do a quick tidy an hour or so before but the house smells dirty.

I'm currently in a huff with him as he's spent the evening on his iPad. He knows I've had a nightmare say with ds and he's done nothing as I've cooked dinner, tidied the kitchen, living room and ds's bedroom and hit ds ready for bed. I'm 22 weeks pregnant! X

HarrysMummy17 Thu 07-Jan-16 21:37:16

I feel for you. My dp is the same. If I go away I usual come home to mess. He tries to do a quick tidy an hour or so before but the house smells dirty.

I'm currently in a huff with him as he's spent the evening on his iPad. He knows I've had a nightmare say with ds and he's done nothing as I've cooked dinner, tidied the kitchen, living room and ds's bedroom and hit ds ready for bed. I'm 22 weeks pregnant! X

halphalp Thu 07-Jan-16 21:38:01

YNBU. It's disrespectful to you and the fact that you share the same space not to keep the house relatively tidy. I'm not saying your DH needs to keep it sparkling, he shouldn't leave it a mess. He's leaving it for you to do.

whois Fri 08-Jan-16 00:18:43

I get the opposite. "Oh good, the flat will stay really tidy whilst you're gone for the weekend"

MrsTerryPratchett Fri 08-Jan-16 00:36:15

not have to pick up after him when he clearly hasn't lifted a finger for 3 days You don't have to. You say, "Oi idiot-hole, what the fuck? I'm out to the pub/my Mum's/the bookshop, clean this shit up." Or not? Why not?

baublesbells Fri 08-Jan-16 00:42:20

Amazes me how men get away with this sort of behaviour

My advice is don't keep letting these men make you pregnant

Dollymixtureyumyum Fri 08-Jan-16 00:48:24

My DH is like this but fantastic on the whole. His mother basically did everything even bringing him a cup of tea in bed every morning. He admits now she did not help him and should have asked him to do more. His dad is the same.
I must admit I am getting there now with him and he is getting better. I would rather be married to an untidy nice man who is a good father then an asshole who is tidy.

Dollymixtureyumyum Fri 08-Jan-16 00:49:49

But I must admit he would never be in bed with a hangover

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now