Talk

Advanced search

Spern donor thread

(18 Posts)
JohnLuther Thu 07-Jan-16 10:44:07

I know it's frowned upon to start a TAAT but please tell me that the OP of the sperm donor thread - now deleted, was not a troll?

Or was it deleted because the OP was getting upset and irate?

WorraLiberty Thu 07-Jan-16 10:45:19

What does the deletion message say?

Shutthatdoor Thu 07-Jan-16 10:46:58

Deletion message said that it didn't look as if all was above board. angry

WorraLiberty Thu 07-Jan-16 10:47:38

Oh I've just read it.

I think it's pretty obvious from the message that it wasn't because she was upset or irate.

The clue is in the 'We don't think all is above board here' grin

Mind you, the whole thing was one long attention seeking exercise anyway.

MaudGonneMad Thu 07-Jan-16 11:37:58

Doubts about the OP apparently.

PrimalLass Thu 07-Jan-16 13:34:50

I was going she was going to be related to the Wests, or something more interesting.

wannaBe Thu 07-Jan-16 13:38:40

Glad she was a troll. She was bloody unhinged, and if she'd been real she'd be setting her dd up for a lifetime of issues.

MoMoTy Thu 07-Jan-16 13:40:44

Omg that was a trollshock she kept replying to that thread with such patience for 20+ pages I really thought it was true.

CaptainMerryWeather Thu 07-Jan-16 13:41:44

I wondered if she wasn't under witness protection

JohnLuther Thu 07-Jan-16 13:51:26

I honestly though she was related to someone really famous for the wrong reasons or that she'd kidnapped her DD or something.

I'm rather relieved that it was a troll.

CakeFail Thu 07-Jan-16 13:54:58

God I'm so relieved if she was a troll! The OP's behaviour in that thread freaked me out a bit.

LizzieMacQueen Thu 07-Jan-16 14:00:19

It was very contradictory - OP wanted everything kept quiet and not gossiped about so she posts on the biggest forum hmm

maketheworldgoaway Thu 07-Jan-16 14:07:23

I thought it was a troll fairly early on.

That feeling increased when lots of people were advising her to 'have the thread deleted if it's upsetting you flowers' (grrr) and OP kept on posting while also saying she wouldn't ask for it to be deleted as didn't think MNHQ would agree.

Course they would. They delete threads because the OP doesn't like the way it has gone on an almost daily basis now.

OP just didn't want to attract attention from MNHQ and we know why!.

ollieplimsoles Thu 07-Jan-16 14:12:35

Knew something was up there... She got v the advice, why keep posting?

Pathetic

AndNowItsSeven Thu 07-Jan-16 14:13:38

The family tree thread, yes glad it was a troll her concerns were ridiculous.

wannaBe Thu 07-Jan-16 14:16:56

Yep, I thought she'd kidnapped her dd and her response to me suggesting it just enforced that feeling. And when she then said that her dd was from donated sperm I thought she had just jumped on that as a good reason to give. But her attitude was completely bizarre, and I was hmm at those who came on to the thread to say that the op's attitude was completely normal and everyone on the thread was nasty and horrible.

I'm guessing that she didn't actually know where she was going to go with the thread, because it was started so completely innocently saying she didn't want her dd doing the homework but then she kept on bringing in bits about how their lifestyle was so unconventional and how the world wasn't ready for it, etc etc, she blatantly wanted people to ask questions, and I imagine she will have plucked some reason out of the air if no-one had talked about a response to sperm donation...

MaudGonneMad Thu 07-Jan-16 14:21:30

No-one on the thread was nasty or horrible, despite the OP's (wishful) assertions.

AndNowItsSeven Thu 07-Jan-16 14:28:45

Didn't she say she was a teacher herself? That sounded odd.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now