Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To ask about woolly tights for chubby people

(31 Posts)
NHSisfubar Wed 06-Jan-16 21:32:47

I've got quite a curvy figure and in fact my mum has often commented on my thunder thighs being caused by too much horse riding... I digress... Where on earth do you find woolly tights that fit over your arse but don't gape at the waist and also don't end up with the crotch halfway down to your knees? The last pair I grabbed out of my drawer ended up pulling my pants down all evening. Not a great look... I'm all for comfort so curvy ladies; aibu to ask you where you buy your tights?!

alphabettyspaghetty Wed 06-Jan-16 21:40:58

Yours, Evans mostly both have tights from size 14 upwards

Whatdoidohelp Wed 06-Jan-16 21:41:46

Marks and Spencer's do nice woolly tights. I am 5'9 and a size 14/16 so reasonable in size and I wore the L size with no issues and the XLs when I was pregnant. Very comfy. Don't snag.

Bathlover Wed 06-Jan-16 21:42:13

www.thebigtightscompany.co.uk The blogger at Bigger Fuller Bust models for these and rates them smile

WombatStewForTea Wed 06-Jan-16 21:44:33

Wear another pair of knickers over a top of the tights!

treacledan71 Wed 06-Jan-16 21:45:32

Wear some pants over the tights quite tight ones. It works all the time for me.

Palomb Wed 06-Jan-16 21:54:18

I've got short but massive legs and Primark XL suit me. I think the size guide is 18/20. I'm a 14/16 but I've never noticed them falling down.

They're good quality too, considering they're only a quid a pair or somwthing. I've got pairs I've been wearing for couple of years.

NHSisfubar Wed 06-Jan-16 21:56:22

Ooh, the pants over the top trick sounds good! I've found most brands in supermarket (even in large sizes) just horrifically uncomfortable and I'm about a 14 so not huge. They aren't really something you can try on in the shop are they?!

BalthazarImpresario Wed 06-Jan-16 21:57:57

Leggings? Primark ones are thinner so I use them as thick tights.

CountryRoadTakeMeHome Wed 06-Jan-16 21:59:33

This is a post for the style and beauty brigade!

NHSisfubar Wed 06-Jan-16 22:01:33

Those bigtightscompany ones look nice and roomy but sizes only from 20 upwards which might be the other end of the scale for me personally. They say that is the largest size they stretch to though...

NHSisfubar Wed 06-Jan-16 22:02:46

Balthazar I like the cable knit type ones which is maybe why they are harder to get a good stretchy fit?

BikeRunSki Wed 06-Jan-16 22:08:02

Tesco bamboo tights are brilliant and are available in various colours throughout the year.

m0therofdragons Wed 06-Jan-16 22:10:33

I just bought some in next and I have been really impressed!

Cinnamoncookie Wed 06-Jan-16 22:15:34

I recently bought 4 pairs of Asda XL Cotton Soft tights. I'm size 18-20, don't rate Asda for anything else, but these tights are great for my short, fat legs.

JaceLancs Wed 06-Jan-16 22:19:45

Falke or Spanx tights from tkmaxx are my newest discovery
I'm a size 16-18 and fit in a size c with lots of room and they do bigger sizes d and e

NHSisfubar Wed 06-Jan-16 22:21:18

Some good ideas here thanks!

BeanGirls Wed 06-Jan-16 22:51:08

Evans or maternity tights blush sooooo comfy

Dawndonnaagain Wed 06-Jan-16 23:03:59

I find Boden tights really good, I'm an 16/18 now but was wearing them comfortably when a 22/24

iamEarthymama Wed 06-Jan-16 23:13:38

H&M tights are good value.
I went to meet DW for food after work as we were very excited about new shopping and food mall opening.
Got to town and tights were dangling on top of calf length boots!
Luckily I was wearing a long dress and emergency stop in H&M solved the problem.

I buy tights I good hope to find you would have to 12ft 9in to wear them winkshock

😊

BillBrysonsBeard Thu 07-Jan-16 01:14:16

I get extra large m&s bodyshaper tights, I am size 14. They are fab, come right up under my bra so hold my tummy in too!

BoxofSnails Thu 07-Jan-16 01:25:06

M&S XL tights fit me as a size 18 - I'd have thought you'd be ok with L OP s you're a fair bit smaller than me. Their 'Best of British' have some lovely ribbed patterns tho not cheap.

Excited101 Thu 07-Jan-16 09:52:31

I have a pair of cheap tesco spanx that I wear over the top of tights under certain dresses and the difference is amazing!

hannibalismisunderstood Thu 07-Jan-16 22:40:56

I second the primark ones, xl. 100 denier. They have a longer body than most and are my favourite ones.... am planning on spending a £30 primark voucher I got at xmas purely on these smile

jevoudrais Fri 08-Jan-16 06:46:50

I'm a 12 but I'm tall, and have these tights dilemmas. I either have to go for shorter ones that fit around the waist or longer ones which are too long but fit my waist!

I go for brands that do in between sizes eg. M/L instead of M or L. Sainsbury's own brand are my favorite by far. I make special trips just for their tights. M and S aren't bad but my local is always a mess to hunt for them in hence my Sainsbury's preference.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now