Talk

Advanced search

Hair Dye for Children

(10 Posts)
Samwelly Wed 06-Jan-16 16:19:20

My 12 Year old is desperate for highlights to be put in her hair. AIBU for saying she is too young for this?

inlovewithhubby Wed 06-Jan-16 16:19:52

No, you're not.

IHaveBrilloHair Wed 06-Jan-16 16:21:10

No, it's up to you, I wouldn't have a problem with it though, except for maybe the cost.

WorraLiberty Wed 06-Jan-16 16:23:05

I used to use those wash-out hair colour sachets called Toners at her age, but my Mum wouldn't have let me highlight it I don't think.

What is your reasoning?

Are you afraid it will damage her hair?

UndramaticPause Wed 06-Jan-16 16:24:09

Highlights are a no here as they're permanent. Directions temporary colouring in the summer, yes. My dc are a similar age to yours

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Wed 06-Jan-16 16:25:01

My friend used sun in at that age. Her hair was naturally fairly light (or maybe because it was the 90s we liked the stripy look blush) but it didn't damage her hair. Or if it did not noticeably, it was to her waist and beautiful.

I used to use the mousse ones at that age. I had pocket money, mum couldn't really stop me.

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Wed 06-Jan-16 16:25:32

I would ask her if she's really ready to take on an expensive habit like that at the age of 12!

MrsTerryPratchett Wed 06-Jan-16 16:26:25

Salon highlights? Pocket money then. She'll soon learn it's not worth it.

Samwelly Wed 06-Jan-16 16:32:40

I was worried about the strong chemicals. If I agree to her having it done, I would make her pay out of her Christmas money.

scrumpkin Wed 06-Jan-16 16:34:48

I dip dye my daughters long hair pink in the holidays. it washes out by the time term starts and the bleached bits can be hidden by a bun. She loves it and so do i. I think it's important young people learn they are in control of their own body from a young age. Her hair, if that's what she wants to spend her money on I think yabu

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now