Talk

Advanced search

to ask for your best family holiday spot

(15 Posts)
Pollyputhtekettleon Wed 06-Jan-16 09:15:38

We are looking for somewhere easy to bring a 3, 1 and 0yr old on holidays with grandparents in tow. Would it be unreasonable to ask you all if you have a best kept secret location that is easy to enjoy a holiday with a small family?

We are currently thinking Portugal, self catering, near to a beach. But open to any suggestions.

MummyPig24 Wed 06-Jan-16 09:34:39

In the UK we love Ilfracombe or Woolacombe in Devon. Great beaches and lots to explore.

Abroad we've had a good time in Majorca. Short flight and lots of nice beaches.

Shakey15000 Wed 06-Jan-16 09:37:24

Abroad, Greece. Specifically Corfu. Great landscape, very green, lovely safe beaches, fab food and climate and best of all, the people. Very family orientated, they adore kids smile

Costacoffeeplease Wed 06-Jan-16 09:47:16

I live in carvoeiro in the algarve, it's very popular with families and is quite a small, friendly place, happy to answer any questions - plus there's a thread from last summer in 'shorthaul' which might be some help?

Anotherusername1 Wed 06-Jan-16 11:23:16

Channel Islands.

Seeline Wed 06-Jan-16 11:54:38

UK - Isle of Wight
Abroad - probably Mallorca or Menorca. Lovely destinations, but more importantly very short flight times grin

Asskicker Wed 06-Jan-16 12:08:00

We love panera, Cyprus. The myro androu apartments.

They have their own beach which is like a cove and great for kids. Near protaras, so lots to do and plenty of places to eat.

Very kid friendly. We aren't going this year though as we fancy a change but was great with young kids and my parents.

Downside it's a fairly long flight.

rookiemere Wed 06-Jan-16 13:36:02

Regency Country Club , Tenerife.

Self catering apartments but with hotel facilities available should you want them. A bit far away from the beach, but as a result very relaxing and quiet, but free bus shuttle down to the resorts when you want it to be a bit more lively.
It's a fairly small hotel with only abotu 70 apartments so feels very safe.

MyBalletShoes Wed 06-Jan-16 13:48:40

Punta Prima in Menorca, it's very small resort but perfect for preschoolers. We stayed at the insotel but there are plenty other hotels/apartments.

Went there with 2 yr old DS1 and 10 month old DS2 in September. Short flight time, only 20 mins from the airport but didn't feel it, beach only 5 minutes walk away from most hotels in the town (it's very, very small!), our hotel had a separate children's pool and a baby pool, 2 play areas within the hotel grounds and there was a playground in the town. We did nothing but stay around the town/hotel for 2 weeks but you can go much further round the island if you want either via excursions or hire car yourselves.

We went AI but there were other options and cafes/restaurants in the resort town if you get an apartment and want to go SC.

I never like going back to the same place for a holiday but I'd go back there with the little ones again in a heartbeat.

wigglesrock Wed 06-Jan-16 14:54:51

Ibiza, we've been going since dd1 was 2, she's now 10.5 - we have taken dd3 from when she was 14 weeks. My pils also really enjoy it. We don't go together, they tend to go May/Sept and we're a bit more restricted with school.

Nightzone Wed 06-Jan-16 15:03:12

My ideal holiday with little ones must have 1. A short flight 2. A pool 3. A beach nearby.

Portugal/menorca/majorca ticks the box.

When are you going?

Timetorethink Wed 06-Jan-16 15:21:57

Portugal. Carvoeiro (for example). Depending on how much you want to spend there are some great all inclusive places, or rent a villa or apartment. There are lots of restaurants in town which are perfect for families.

Janeymoo50 Wed 06-Jan-16 15:50:04

The Colina da Lapa in Carvoeiro is a good family complex, with one bed and two bed apts. really spacious grounds. Flight around 2 hours, weather not as scorching as say Cyprus or Turkey (depending when you go of course). You are also close to two water parks and Zoomarine if you go there.

MrsTerryPratchett Wed 06-Jan-16 16:00:27

Cornwall was great when DD was very small.

Different now she's bigger.

dinkystinky Wed 06-Jan-16 16:23:00

Normandy - ferry to Caen and Falaise (lovely medieval town) is about 30 minutes drive away. We stayed at Cour aux Bourgouis there when DS1 was 1, then again when he was 2 and then when he was 3 and DS2 was 4 months and my sister, bil and MIL came too and it was lovely. V low key, lots of markets and lovely beaches near by and not too hot. No pool though but lovely grounds.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now