Talk

Advanced search

To think Superdrug need to invest in those little cellophane lid covers?

(9 Posts)
Oneandtwoandthree Tue 05-Jan-16 18:29:57

I went into my local Superdrug today to buy my ds some hair wax.

I left empty handed as literally every pot on the shelves and finger marks and lumps taken out of them.

AIBU to think Superdrug should put those cellophane things around the lids like supermarkets do with jars of food, so that every product is not tampered with?

And if it is necessary for someone to try before they buy there could be one tester pot not whole shelves of testers!

MaidOfStars Tue 05-Jan-16 18:47:25

You couldn't find one pot of hair wax that hadn't had a sample taken from it???

Oneandtwoandthree Tue 05-Jan-16 19:03:00

Nope and believe me that was opening approx 30 pots.

BumWad Tue 05-Jan-16 19:06:43

You went through 30 pots?! confused

Asskicker Tue 05-Jan-16 19:15:29

I went in super drug a while ago and could not find one eyeliner or eye shadow pencil that hadn't been touched or used.

I wouldn't ever buy from them now. It's disgusting. I posted in style and beauty as there was a long running thread about budget make up and a few people said they had the same problem at super drug.

These were brands like Rimmel and the like. Never had that issue in boots

alltoomuchrightnow Tue 05-Jan-16 19:18:37

OP I believe you. that's why i rarely buy makeup from there. As Asskicker says. Literally every liner or shadow etc will have been tested. It's not the staff's fault. Once I saw staff putting sellotape around every single item of Gosh makeup. It made no difference though

OohMavis Tue 05-Jan-16 19:19:19

I know people who go into superdrug to touch up/try on new make-up with no intention of buying. And someone who regularly pops in to spray some deodorant when she's caught short and a bit whiffy, apparently 'everyone does it, they don't mind people using testers' shock

It's like the cosmetics equivalent of eating grapes while going round Tesco.

SapphireSeptember Tue 05-Jan-16 19:59:26

Grr, this is one thing that gets my goat. If I see people doing it I WILL call them out on it. There is a reason I buy most of my make-up online now, I get so sick of seeing people mess about with it. angry Nail polish is especially tricky to buy in shops because most brands don't seal it at all and I don't want to run the risk of buying one that's been used! (I'm germ phobic and don't want to buy one that may have gone gungey from being exposed to air, and who wants to buy stuff that's been used by someone else anyway?)

'everyone does it, they don't mind people using testers' I use the testers, they're the ones that have 'tester' written on them that I swipe on the back of my hand, doesn't stop idiots from opening things to try though, or people who open mascara to see what the wand looks like (this one gives me the shivers,) or people who think it's perfectly okay to try out nail polish to 'see what it looks like' seemingly disregarding the fact that nail polish comes in clear glass bottles. Some shops do have nail polish testers and sticky tape to try it out on (hurray!) though I think life would be much simpler if everything was shrink wrapped so the consumer could just tell if stuff was tampered with. I'm waiting for a lunatic to put poison into make-up before this happens though, I think that's the only thing that would make the industry mend its ways.

ZebraOwl Sun 10-Jan-16 22:19:47

It is grim. And stealing, surely?

Luckily my local Superdrug doesn't seem to have this issue, because I get most of my toiletries from their own-brand range as they're cruelty-free; cheap; work perfectly well despite not having celebrity endorsement/swish advertising campaigns; and no not upset my ridiculous skin.

I don't understand the "oh it's just a bit of [whatever thing], it's not like I'm taking the whole lot" line that people use if someone suggests they're stealing. Well taking any of it isn't ok, but what do they think the shop's going to do with the stock they've opened & used their "tiny bit" of? Other people - quite rightly - won't want to buy it!

Gah. I think "entitled" probably gets overused a bit, but it seems the appropriate word to describe this behaviour, no?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now