Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to not buy my brother in law a Christmas present next year?

(3 Posts)
Twinklestar2 Mon 04-Jan-16 21:29:15

Brother in law is an arsehole. Whole family dislikes him but puts up with him for sister's sake and to see grandchildren / nieces and nephews.

I have been married for 5 years. First 2 years my sis and BIL (well let's just say sister as she buys the pressies!) brought my husband an Xmas present. 3rd year we all decided to not do adult presents then afterwards agreed that was crap and would do presents in future. Then this year and last year, me and my other sister have brought BIL Xmas present but sister hasn't brought for our husbands.

AIBU to not buy him Xmas presents in the future? Or is that petty? I say don't stoop to that level; my husband says BIL is an arsehole and why should he get when he doesn't give?

What do you think?

CFSsucks Mon 04-Jan-16 21:34:36

Can you and your 2 sisters agree to buy for each other and leave husbands out? Or do a present to the couple instead of individually and make it something your sister will like?

If it's agreed before hand it doesn't seem petty and stooping to his level but then it's your sister who does the buying so she is the one who isn't buying for your husbands so why buy for hers.

TheSecondViola Mon 04-Jan-16 22:25:49

Bought. Not brought.
Buy presents for who you want to buy presents for. Whether they buy for you or not is not the point.
Neither of you like him so do don't give him gifts.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now