Talk

Advanced search

Returning from mat leave

(8 Posts)
DrMum83 Mon 04-Jan-16 16:59:27

I'm back at work tomorrow after a year off - gutted.

Just wondering for your experiences on this - did anyone return pregnant? Or, how soon afterwards did you fall pregnant?
I'm not pregnant btw but planning to ttc soon... WIBU to (hopefully) fall pregnant pretty quickly?

abbieanders Mon 04-Jan-16 17:00:28

Not even a little bit. You cannot plan your family around work.

Sleepingbunnies Mon 04-Jan-16 17:03:44

I know plenty who returned pregnant smile

With my first I was back 18 months before going off on may leave again and this time iv been back 3 years and I have just started mat leave before Xmas. Have to decide what is right for you and your family.

DrMum83 Mon 04-Jan-16 17:03:57

I know it's 2016 but I can just imagine the raised eyebrows. One of the men at work made a comment when I went in at Xmas (albeit jokingly) about 'buying me a chastity belt ' as he cant cope with anymore mat leaves.
My blood was boiling.

Doublebubblebubble Mon 04-Jan-16 17:04:50

I personally couldn't. dont want to have any more children I started my mat leave mid September.

DrMum83 Mon 04-Jan-16 17:05:09

Sorry - he's the manager who deals with payroll (for a bit of context)

SqueakyCyclops Mon 04-Jan-16 17:30:20

I went back from mat leave 3 months pregnant. It was unplanned but worked in my favour and my boss was great. I have now been back for a year. I'm part time now but went back full time in between pregnancies as it was only for 5 months and I wanted to get the full benefit of the maternity package.

There are only 18 months between mine which is hard work and I did originally want a bigger gap but this has worked out better for me than I could have imagined.

Good luck with everything!

FannyTheChampionOfTheWorld Mon 04-Jan-16 17:32:14

It's common enough. As are raised eyebrows about it. But do what you feel is best. Your loyalty has to be to your family.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now