to be flummoxed with bloody Facebook?

(14 Posts)
bluebellforest Fri 01-Jan-16 00:40:42

Someone I know vaguely from school has just accepted a friend request from me. Only thing is, I didn't send her a friend request.
This has happened once before with a school mum.
How does this happen? Do I keep her, let her know, I didn't request her as a friend, or just delete her? Help confused

PegsPigs Fri 01-Jan-16 00:42:50

I seem to have accidentally friend requested someone I worked with for about 5 weeks 5 years ago! I think it's accidentally clicking on the 'people you may know' adverts. Just need to be more vigilant I guess.

PegsPigs Fri 01-Jan-16 00:44:06

I put him on Limited Profile list so he couldn't see anything then quietly unfriended him a few weeks later.

bluebellforest Fri 01-Jan-16 00:44:55

Thing is, I've never seen her on the people you may know list and never clicked on her profile before?

bluebellforest Fri 01-Jan-16 00:46:43

She was a year above me at school and to be honest, i'd forgotten all about her. I left school (ahem) 25 years ago.

TheWitTank Fri 01-Jan-16 00:50:44

That's happened to me too a couple of times. I presumed I had just accidentally clicked on request while scrolling through?

Mmmmcake123 Fri 01-Jan-16 00:54:45

If you access fb through your mobile it's very easy to friend request unintentionally whilst you are scrolling.
Could someone else be logging in as you? Just asking

Concerned97 Fri 01-Jan-16 00:55:02

Oh my word, that's just happened to me! I've apparently asked a mutual friend I have met once to be my friend! I can't believe he accepted me, as I say met him once in a family rounders game, he's young enough to be my son and probably thinks I'm mad! I don't know how to unravel it all gringrin

corlette Fri 01-Jan-16 01:04:45

I was accepted as a friend by DD's old childcare centre manager after apparently sending her a friend request!
We have no mutual friends, the centre isn't on Facebook, I didn't even know her surname so there's no chance of me looking her up even if I wanted to.
All I can think of is we were both tagged in the same place or building and something happened from there. Don't ask me what or how though.

bluebellforest Fri 01-Jan-16 01:15:43

Isn't it strange.

MagpieCursedTea Fri 01-Jan-16 01:29:14

The same thing just happened to me! It was someone that I don't think I know but we had 9 mutual friends in the town I grew up in. I must've clicked something by accident, no idea why he accepted it!

FlangelaLansbury Fri 01-Jan-16 01:36:51

I just noticed a pending request I apparently made to someone I've never even heard of. We have a mutual friend but I've no idea who this person is.

What are you up to, Facebook?

nocabbageinmyeye Fri 01-Jan-16 01:39:30

Oh God I did this to my ex boyfriends now wife. We used to be a very good friends when my ex and I were together. We split up after I didn't cope well with my mc and I finished it, they got together soon after and she stopped speaking to me. I accidentally requested her on those stupid "people you may know" things, she accepted and then I deleted her straight away so now she gets to think I'm a crazy stalker type person when I'm not, very annoying!!

DontOpenDeadInside Fri 01-Jan-16 08:11:01

Now I'm paranoid. I never get friends requests as my account is locked down. But I got one from an old school friend the other day, which I accepted (nosey) now I'm wondering if she really did add me confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now