To think this has got to be the worst year ever for Christmas TV?

(102 Posts)
LordBrightside Thu 31-Dec-15 14:51:59

I honestly can't believe how bad it's been.

Luther was good but it was all done before Christmas. Sherlock isn't on under New Year's Day. Not Going Out was abominable, a real disappointment.

Eastenders from 2 nights ago was fantastic but apart from that and a documentary about Peter Kay it's been really, really terrible.

KyloRenNeedsTherapy Thu 31-Dec-15 14:55:32

We couldn't find anything to watch on Christmas Day evening so resorted to NetFlix. Yes, TV was rubbish!

GloGirl Thu 31-Dec-15 14:55:35

I liked Stick Man.

medalsforeveryone Thu 31-Dec-15 14:57:49

Agree. I don't really remember anything decent on over xmas. Good job i don't watch much tv i guess.

MajesticSeaFlapFlap Thu 31-Dec-15 15:01:17

Luther
Stickman
Dickensian
And then there were none

All good shows.

Kids have enjoyed all the movies too.

usual Thu 31-Dec-15 15:02:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ShatnersBassoon Thu 31-Dec-15 15:03:23

I enjoyed And Then There Were None, Stickman, Downton and Dickensian. I don't think it was a particularly bad year.

LordBrightside Thu 31-Dec-15 15:15:49

Downton was good to be fair.

PitBlackwell Thu 31-Dec-15 15:19:07

Agree about Not Going Out. What even was that? Not funny, but actually quite scary. Happy Christmas! Have a gun pointed at a pregnant woman's head. Wtf?

AnyoneButSanta Thu 31-Dec-15 15:22:59

Xmas Special Strictly was good.

Doctor Who was fun though nonsensical and sad at the end.

And Then There Were None was excellent and had much entirely gratuitous footage of Aidan Turner in a tiny low slung towel.

Werksallhourz Thu 31-Dec-15 15:23:03

Yanbu. I was pretty surprised when I saw the schedule.

We tried Dickensian but after two episodes, I felt the writing was feeble. There were so many shots of characters just looking out of windows for no apparent reason, and the episode length is too short for such a slow boil.

Housewife2010 Thu 31-Dec-15 15:24:22

I enjoyed Gypsy, Stick Man, Downton , Call the Midwife, Dads Army biopic. Not Going out & And then there were None were very disappointing.

Lifeisbeautiful2 Thu 31-Dec-15 15:27:22

Oh I thought it was good - Downton Abbey, and then there were none, Eastenders and the Ghost Hunter thing. New Year TV a bit dire though

BanningTheWordNaice Thu 31-Dec-15 15:27:33

I've really enjoyed a lot of the dramatisations e.g. An Inspector Calls etc.

BernardsarenotalwaysSaints Thu 31-Dec-15 15:31:48

I liked Stick Man, Eastenders was ok. We've been enjoying the daytime films on BBC1. It's certainly not been great TV wise.

mumsnit Thu 31-Dec-15 15:33:04

'And then there were none' was brilliant! Best thing I've seen in ages.

Comedy has been a bit flat with exception of Charlie Brooker last night which was spot on as always. That Russell Howard comedy was truly awful shock

Dickensian thing is weird although DH is quite enjoying it.

There was bugger all on on Christmas day but am not a Strictly or Eastenders fan so am pretty used to it!

BernardsarenotalwaysSaints Thu 31-Dec-15 15:33:47

Oh and Darcey's Ballet Heroes was quite a good watch.

wickedlazy Thu 31-Dec-15 15:39:05

I watched Eastenders, the poverty line chtistmas documentary, and Mrs.Browns, then read. Dp watched Doctor Who. Every time I turned tv on I couldn't find anything worth watching. Ended up watching dvd's all day sunday, frig all on.

foxessocks Thu 31-Dec-15 15:43:17

I enjoyed stick man and downton and call the midwife. Looking forward to sherlock. Lots of good films I thought, we watched brave which I liked. I haven't yet caught up on the dad's army programme.

TheBestChocolateIsFree Thu 31-Dec-15 15:45:10

Dad's Army docudrama was excellent apart from the wigs I thought.

ShatnersBassoon Thu 31-Dec-15 15:46:19

Oh yes, I'd forgotten about the Dad's Army thing. That was a fun hour.

Varya Thu 31-Dec-15 15:47:03

At least we didn't get 'The great Escape' again!

Sparklingbrook Thu 31-Dec-15 16:05:00

YANBU there really was nothing to watch.

I really enjoyed Gareth Malone the other night getting his choirs back together, and he's on again tonight. Oh and Supervet.

Other than that. Meh.

Samcro Thu 31-Dec-15 16:08:11

yanbu
there has been a few good things. then nothing. the assumption by tv companies that people want to watch kids films or midsummer murders repeats in the afternoon gets my goat. and the evenings are full of rubbish.
I want real stuff that you can get your teeth into

Jibberjabberjooo Thu 31-Dec-15 16:10:02

Was there no big film? I was working.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now