to expect Cravendale milk to pour without spilling?

(12 Posts)
MarkRuffaloCrumble Thu 31-Dec-15 13:22:21

I've complained to them twice about it and they palmed me off with something about it being 'just the odd one that slips through their stringent quality control' and sent me some vouchers.

I used the vouchers last week and lo and behold, milk all over the worktop every time I make tea, all over the table when the DCs do their cereal.

I actually fished the old Tesco milk bottle out of the recycling bin and rinsed it out, then decanted the Cravendale into it today as I got so fed up of mopping up split milk.

I know it's not worth crying over spilt milk, but I'm bloody angryangryangry You had ONE job Cravendale!

Is it just me?!

magoria Thu 31-Dec-15 13:24:15

Their bottles are so flimsy recently. I find it almost folds in half when I pick it up by the handle and try to pour.

YANBU

MarkRuffaloCrumble Thu 31-Dec-15 13:26:49

Yes! While I was pouring it into the other bottle it was bending in half!

AnUtterIdiot Thu 31-Dec-15 13:28:57

I think Cravendale's an astonishing con, so YANBU but they did see you coming. And everyone who buys their milk.

mrsfuzzy Thu 31-Dec-15 13:30:22

rubbish pouring lip, always spills for me

MarkRuffaloCrumble Thu 31-Dec-15 14:40:35

Why is a con utter?!

It doesn't have that cheesy aftertaste of normal milk and lasts longer. I buy Tescos Pure milk if I'm in there, but both that and Cravendale are usually on 2 for £3 so it doesn't cost a huge amount more than normal milk either.

OurBlanche Thu 31-Dec-15 14:42:16

I have a 'thing' about milk. Can't stand the sight, smell or touch of it. If the bottle has been open for a day I cannot use it. So you can imagine how much milk could go to waste here.

DH bought Cravendale and I managed to use the whole 2pint bottle without fear. A few months later I bought an own brand version and have used that since. DH tried to sneak a normal pint passed me, it didn't work, I could smell the difference.

So it wasn't until last week I had Cravendale again, lack of own brand version, and you really aren't kidding about the bottle. It pours quite oddly.

bigsnugglebunny Thu 31-Dec-15 14:44:44

Same here, they're terrible pourers aren't they? It can't be just the odd one, if lots of us are experiencing it.

Creampastry Thu 31-Dec-15 15:07:46

I was thinking this very same thing this morning! Pleased it's not just me then!!

MarkRuffaloCrumble Thu 31-Dec-15 18:13:41

Well they seemed to think it was a one-off or very rare occurrence.

Maybe if everyone else complains they'll sort it out (and you'll get a voucher for some free milk! I got 4 X 2 litres. Just have to decant the bloody stuff each time until they sort it out!)

I can't believe that nobody who works there has noticed the problem. Do none of them buy it?!

NannyR Thu 31-Dec-15 18:59:19

We get it at work and I've never noticed a problem with pouring, the kids can manage to pour it without making a mess. As an aside, I don't like the taste that much, it's ok in tea and coffee but I wouldn't choose to buy it myself.

AppleSetsSail Thu 31-Dec-15 19:01:29

Hm. This is my husband and children's favourite milk in the world (they are huge milk drinkers) and I haven't noticed this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now