to think this sums up the lack of joined up thinking in this country

(6 Posts)
Egosumquisum Thu 31-Dec-15 08:03:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MairzyDoats Thu 31-Dec-15 08:05:19

Oh ffs. Numpties.

Enjolrass Thu 31-Dec-15 08:12:06

I hate this.

Similar happened here last year. 3 routes out of the village. Route 1 and in a similar direction, route 3 in the opposite.

Route 1 had work scheduled for two weeks. It ran over, but they started work on route 2 anyway. Since route 1 and 2 go towards the kids schools I would have to take route 3 which goes miles in the wrong direction. Because everyone had to take route 3, the school run took 1 hour 10 mins rather than the 10 mins it usually took.

The council were shocked so many people complained. It a massive village with a lot of traffic and they were surprised that closing 2/3 of the roads out caused problems.

Both works ran over and it took 6 months.

It's ridiculous, I don't know how keep jobs when they plan stuff so badly

AnnaBegins Thu 31-Dec-15 08:28:41

That is so stupid!

Similar happened here, we live just off the m1 where they've been doing a lot of work recently, 50mph zones etc. First it was to replace the barriers, then once that was done they decided to start installing smart motorway overhead cameras. This would have required digging up some of the new barriers... Anyway, after twiddling their thumbs and closing the motorway for fun a few times (which routes the m1 past our front door) they decided not to install the smart motorway.

So not only could they have done both at once, they could have been more decisive and saved a few weeks of 50mph and overnight closures!

Dipankrispaneven Thu 31-Dec-15 08:51:35

I'd have thought that was positively dangerous. Does that mean ambulances and fire engines are all going to take much longer to get there?

DonkeyOaty Thu 31-Dec-15 09:23:19

Bonkers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now