Talk

Advanced search

to want to spend NYE alone?

(3 Posts)
Robotgirl Wed 30-Dec-15 20:07:21

First post in AIBU. Feeling a bit confused confused
Have never been a fan of NYE.
I have DD aged 3 & have spent last 3 NYEs alone with red wine & film & in bed by 11. Lovely.
Have been with lovely BF for a year. BF has 6 year old DS. We are meant to be having first ever sleep over (first time for 4 of us) at BF house tomorrow night for NYE. Normally 4 of us get on well & his DS is sweet (but can be lively if doesn't get his own way)
Tonight BF & his DS came over for tea & I gave his DS two Christmas presents. His DS couldn't have been more rude. Threw presents onto sofa, no 'thankyou' then had tantrum because I wouldn't give him any crisps.
(It infuriates me when children/adults don't say thankyou for presents & it annoyed me that BF didn't encourage this)
AIBU to tell them I'd rather put DD into bed & have a quiet night tomorrow eve instead of two overtired & grizzly kids & potential for more drama?

ArkATerre Wed 30-Dec-15 20:46:39

He's 6, it's just after Christmas, I'd give him some leeway tbh. I would have a chat with your BF about expectations of behaviour and manners some time soonish but I wouldn't make a big thing of it before tomorrow.
Can you go out somewhere in the afternoon where your DC can run around and gets lots of fresh air?

Robotgirl Thu 31-Dec-15 06:56:25

Thanks Ark
I spoke to my BF & he's struggling with his DS behaviour currently (we had a chat on the phone last night & spoke a bit about discipline & boundaries)
Think I'm going to give NYE with them a miss. All seems too exhausting!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now