Talk

Advanced search

Yodel delivery driver opened my front door..

(334 Posts)
harboromummy Wed 30-Dec-15 13:44:39

This is the second time in two weeks! Same guy!

I went to go into the hall way to go upstairs and the delivery man literally came up to the door, didn't knock, opened my front door and went to put the parcel on the stairs!! He about pooed himself when he saw me then asked me to sign the thing.

The first time I heard the front door go went to check and he had done it then too!!

😡😡

Wolfiefan Wed 30-Dec-15 13:45:44

How does someone just open your door and walk in? Doesn't it need a key?

midnightsunshine Wed 30-Dec-15 13:45:49

Lock the door in future?

insancerre Wed 30-Dec-15 13:49:10

Lock the door

Chippednailvarnish Wed 30-Dec-15 13:50:15

Why is your door open?

WorraLiberty Wed 30-Dec-15 13:50:16

Blimey

What did he say when you had a go at him?

Jackie0 Wed 30-Dec-15 13:51:12

I would go fucking nuts !!!!!
What does he think he is playing at?

JacquesHammer Wed 30-Dec-15 13:52:06

I'm a bit confused at all the posters querying why the door wasn't locked.

Whether the door is locked or not doesn't make it ok for a Yodel delivery man to even attempt it?!

crumblybiscuits Wed 30-Dec-15 13:52:44

Take the complaint to Yodel. Whether your door is open or not he shouldn't be bloody trying it! He should be severely reprimanded.

Chippednailvarnish Wed 30-Dec-15 13:53:37

I'm not saying that it's okay, but who on earth leaves there front door unlocked?

Chippednailvarnish Wed 30-Dec-15 13:53:58

Their

Pooseyfrumpture Wed 30-Dec-15 13:53:59

So now you've established that anyone can get onto your house without warning to give you stuff, and therefore also enter your house to take your stuff - isn't it time to get the door locked? Imagine the phone call to the police ("yes I think I was burgled but the door was open so who knows") and the insurance people ("yes there are window locks but they didn't get in through the window as the front door was open")

SirChenjin Wed 30-Dec-15 13:54:19

Bloody hell - that's not on shock. Are you going to complain to Yodel?

As for the 'lock your door' - no, 'Yodel man, don't let yourself into someone else's house'.

crumblybiscuits Wed 30-Dec-15 13:54:48

My door is always locked as I have a Yale lock but if I had a key lock I definitely wouldn't have it locked all the time. Why would you lock it when you're awake and in the house?

SuckingEggs Wed 30-Dec-15 13:55:43

Why is your door unlocked?! Crazy. Perhaps he thought he was doing you a favour?!

giraffesCantDoThat Wed 30-Dec-15 13:56:00

so a nutter doesn't walk in?

redexpat Wed 30-Dec-15 13:56:29

This is where I differ vastly from all other MNetters. This wouldnt bother me. In fact our postman does this when he knows theres a new baby in the house, to save new parents getting up to answer the door.

fresta Wed 30-Dec-15 13:57:40

Lots of people leave their doors unlocked when they are in!

PrettyBrightFireflies Wed 30-Dec-15 13:57:52

The last Yodel Parcel we had delivered was left in an area of our back garden that could only have been accessed by either climbing over a chained/padlocked 5-bar gate, or by walking through our neighbours garden and climbing over the fence.
I refuse to order from suppliers who use Yodel anymore.

crumblybiscuits Wed 30-Dec-15 13:57:56

red my mother has a similar set up but it was prearranged and agreed on by all parties, not just someone taking it upon themselves to let themselves in!

KoalaDownUnder Wed 30-Dec-15 13:58:25

Eh? I never lock my door when I'm home.

Doesn't mean it's okay for a delivery driver to open it and come in! shock

MushroomMama Wed 30-Dec-15 13:59:14

My postman did it once because he thought it was a porch!

I lock myself in the house when I'm home

PrettyBrightFireflies Wed 30-Dec-15 14:01:00

Oh, and the most common form of burglary in some areas are 'walk ins' - in through an unlocked door - handbags, wallets and phones taken from a downstairs room and out again in less than a minute before the householder comes downstairs.

Lock your doors!

Topseyt Wed 30-Dec-15 14:02:19

Complain to Yodel.

Very presumptuous and rude of the delivery driver.

I always keep the external doors locked. I don't want any old Tom, Dick or Harry able to just open them, no matter what the reason.

hefzi Wed 30-Dec-15 14:03:11

Surely after the first time, you started locking the door (if you hadn't seen him then and asked him to knock) if you didn't want it to happen again? If not, I think it's not his fault - lots of people have porches where they have post left - presumably, this is what he initially thought, and then, when he realised, but the door was open, assumed you were fine with it? I'd rather have my parcel in the house than thrown over a fence somewhere, but I also wouldn't complain if I had left my door open for the second time confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now