Advanced search

Shaken and freaked out. Future rapist for sure

(256 Posts)
Chitterchatter1 Wed 30-Dec-15 12:03:44

I went to visit a family friend who has recently lost her father. She lives in another town, so I drove and slept there.
We spent the evening drinking and reminiscing about her father. Her half brother was there with a friend. A very familial atmosphere. Lots of chatter. At leaving time the friend offered to walk us home. On arrival it got weird . It started with him insisting to come in. We politely declined. He got aggressive started talking all sexual and vulgar and tried to push his way into the house. We were pleading screaming for him to leave. He got his leg into the house, and his arm around the door and was jammed there, with both of us pushing the door closed. He must have been in agony bot refused to leave. It was scary. If we had been weaker, or alone he could have got in. He is a young man 20 ish. This lasted for about 10 minutes. My friend does not want to call the police . Her dad just died and I guess she has dynamics to consider. I think this man is a future rapist and deserves to be arrested.

raisin3cookies Wed 30-Dec-15 12:05:02

I think he is already a rapist tbh, and you should call the police immediately.

scarlets Wed 30-Dec-15 12:05:43

Taking your post at face value, I'd agree that he's a messed-up young man and potentially dangerous.

Very alarming. I hope you're ok now.

Gileswithachainsaw Wed 30-Dec-15 12:06:02

I would call the police as the incident involved you as well.

what an awful thing to happen

brew for you. you must be in shock after that.

LagunaBubbles Wed 30-Dec-15 12:06:11

You must phone the Police.

Doublebubblebubble Wed 30-Dec-15 12:07:37

Why cant you call the police?? He attacked you too! Seriously he could do this to someone weaker. Do you know his name, whereabouts?? Report it!

FlameProofBoots Wed 30-Dec-15 12:07:39

Absolutely call the police. Hope you're both ok and not too shaken.

HarrietSchulenberg Wed 30-Dec-15 12:08:17

He tried to force entry to the house. I think that alone is worth reporting to the police.
The added aggression and sexual comments make me think the incident is definitely worth reporting.
This young man sounds dangerous.

TheCrazyDuchess Wed 30-Dec-15 12:09:18

Sounds truly terrifying and I agree you must report. The next girl might not be so lucky.....

RJnomore1 Wed 30-Dec-15 12:11:03

I don't mean to scare you but he knows wher your friend lives, what if you don't report it and he comes back once you have gone and she is alone?

Atomik Wed 30-Dec-15 12:11:58

Call the police and mark his card.

You don't know who has already reported him, or will have to in the near future. There isn't much we can do for any woman shaking in a police station other than weigh the odds in her favour by giving the police reason to take her very seriously becuase his name rings a bell up in a way that suggests it is less " her word against his" and more "he has form in this arena.".

Chitterchatter1 Wed 30-Dec-15 12:13:33

the strange thing about it, to me , was that because of the 15 year age gap and the tone of conversation, I saw him as a child , we were giving him advice, he talked about his mother dying when he was young....I just didn't see it coming. The shit he was coming out with later was dillusional . And foul. It all feels very unreal and tbh I am not really upset as such for myself , just really really worried that in the future, when he is stronger and picks on a younger woman....

whois Wed 30-Dec-15 12:14:34

Call the police and report this. This was not mixed signals or anything ambiguous. This was two women trying to shit the door and screaming for him to leave. He is a dangerous person.

Leelu6 Wed 30-Dec-15 12:15:13

Another one urging you to call the police. If he thinks he got away with his behaviour this time, he will try it again.

Having the police arrest him may just shock him into never doing this again.

Hot sweet brew for you for the shock sad

goodnightdarthvader1 Wed 30-Dec-15 12:15:41

Report. You don't need your friend's permission.

gaggiagirl Wed 30-Dec-15 12:16:13

Well I would certainly advise anyone who has experienced such a situation to call the police. Sounds terrifying.

knobblyknee Wed 30-Dec-15 12:19:10

Call the police, do it now.

Aeroflotgirl Wed 30-Dec-15 12:19:25

Report to the Police Now!!! What if he does that again.

DragonsCanHop Wed 30-Dec-15 12:21:10

It really does need reporting to the police.

PaulAnkaTheDog Wed 30-Dec-15 12:21:34

You need to phone the police. You would never forgive yourself if he attacks someone a few years down the line and you hadn't reported him.

HermioneWeasley Wed 30-Dec-15 12:24:47

Another one saying call the police. It may solve a few crimes already on their books.

whataboutbob Wed 30-Dec-15 12:24:54

Sounds like you took pity on him and a nearly motherly interest in him because he'd lost his own mum. Maybe you are still feeling sorry for him and that is inhibiting you from talking to the poilce. Don't let some other woman be the victim, please report him before something awful happens.

AmyLouKin Wed 30-Dec-15 12:27:42

Please, please call the police! Whether or not he goes on to be a future rapist, he is a deluded bully and it would be a very good idea for them to have him on the radar, so to speak! Normal men do not behave like that!

OnlyLovers Wed 30-Dec-15 12:28:35

Yes, please report. I'm sorry for your friend, but you were there too and you know it wasn't right.


HairForNow Wed 30-Dec-15 12:29:01

Easy, you report it to the police, friend doesn't feel guilty for half brothers friend

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now