Talk

Advanced search

To feel like running away today..

(12 Posts)
guajiraguantanamera Tue 29-Dec-15 16:39:58

Ds 9mo has been such a challenge today, he's normally so easy going etc but he's teething and has been moaning and crying all day at everything. Dh is away out to the cinema with his ds and won't be home till gone ten and I'm absolutely shattered.
I ended up breaking down in tears half an hour ago when ds started crying for what felt like the hundredth time today. He's hardly ever like this so I think that's why I'm not coping as well.
I'm so tired I just want to sit down and eat some food.
Just needed a rant.

Gramgram Tue 29-Dec-15 18:07:53

Looks like both you and your DS are having a tough time. At 55 and only just got my last wisdom tooth I can assure you the pain is real when teething. Is ther any medicine that you are happy to give your little one or maybe a chilled teething ring. I found chilled carrot sticks were good for me.

Put your feet up when he sleeps. You could try a walk tomorrow, some fresh air if the weather is fine may help him sleep. I'm sure someone with better advice will be along soon.

likeaboss Tue 29-Dec-15 20:26:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FarrowAndBallache Tue 29-Dec-15 21:16:13

Can you have some time out tomorrow?
Coffee with a friend? Or on your own for that.

Hope you're sat with your feet up now smile

guajiraguantanamera Tue 29-Dec-15 23:59:46

Thanks for all the reassurances everyone! I got him to bed at 8 and he is currently still sleeping. He seems to be in a habit recently of sleeping 8-12/1 then waking up frequently for the the rest of the night! Aargh he used to sleep brilliantly but now after midnight he just seems to be so unsettled. I don't think he is always sore, I don't know what is waking him up in the wee hours.
Dh got home from cinema about 9 and now we are sitting chilling with wine grin
I'm just about to go to bed, Dh has said he will sit up tonight to let me get to bed then we will swap tomorrow about 7 since he is off work this weeks. Luckily, Dh is a total night hawk and will quite happily sit watching Netflix all night if ds is having a bad night.

DisappointedOne Wed 30-Dec-15 01:28:32

DD started walking just before 10 months - the mental leap that came just before it had her up half the night too.

For the teething have you tried anbesol rather than teething gels? Teething granules are amazing too (just avoid teetha ones - there's no actual chamomile in them).

DisappointedOne Wed 30-Dec-15 01:29:48

Could be a wonder week?

www.thewonderweeks.com/mental-leap-6/

kissmethere Wed 30-Dec-15 02:06:31

I feel your despair. Sorry if I haven read properly but have you given him pain relief? My DS at this age made me want to put my head through the wall! Ibobrofen did the trick on top of calpol. And the nelsons powder (if they still make them)
I hope things will improve.

guajiraguantanamera Wed 30-Dec-15 09:36:06

Well we had an ok night considering how miserable he was last night.
I ended up just sitting crying with him at one point he just looked so sore and upset and I felt useless.
To pp yes I give him calpol and
Calprofen or whatever it's called and a calpol teething gel thing.
Tried everything but gin haha.
He's fine this morning, still not 100% himself but he's actually smiling this morning! Lol
I think yesterday was maybe tough because I was on my own with him
All day and into the evening, still struggling with PND a bit.
When I feel down I try to put things into perspective, I have a healthy little boy who I love more than anything, even when he drives me crazy lol

DisappointedOne Wed 30-Dec-15 09:38:27

Teething gel slides off gums so doesn't really help teething. Anbesol liquid numbs them properly. wink

IJustLostTheGame Wed 30-Dec-15 09:40:56

Teething combined with 9 month sleep regression is hell.

flowers

guajiraguantanamera Wed 30-Dec-15 10:34:56

Thanks DisappointedOne I'll try and get some, give it a go!
I think he might also be having a growth spurt he's been taking four 7oz bottles a day plus his porridge, lunch etc which he doesn't usually do.
Arrrrgh I wish babies weren't so complicated lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now