Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to feel irked that DH is asleep?

(20 Posts)
thelaundryfairy Tue 29-Dec-15 14:48:32

We both woke up around 7.30/8am, had breakfast and went to the bank together to sort out some admin. then finished off the task printing and filing some documents when we got back, then made a coffee. Then went to our "office" room at home around 11am. I started some work, he lay down on the sofa and promptly fell asleep again. He is still snoring nearly 5 hours later! We don´t have to do anything today until later this afternoon, but a part of me is irked by him sleeping.

Am I just irritated because I couldn´t fall asleep at 11am even if I was shattered?

Background: we both had a good night´s sleep last night and haven´t been doing anything tiring this week (just lazing around eating festive foods).

GogoGobo Tue 29-Dec-15 14:50:16

YABU - do you own him?

cariadlet Tue 29-Dec-15 14:51:23

If you don't have anything you need to do today and you aren't having to look after children on your own then I can't see the problem. Make the most of having some time on your own.

MamaLazarou Tue 29-Dec-15 14:51:32

YABU but I get unreasonably irritated when my DH naps too, so can't really judge! grin

RudeElf Tue 29-Dec-15 14:52:07

Why is it a) an issue? B) your issue?

WorraLiberty Tue 29-Dec-15 14:52:08

If you don't have to do anything, I don't see the problem.

It's nice to sleep in the day sometimes if you can.

RudeElf Tue 29-Dec-15 14:53:49

Fwiw i'm in bed right now. I was at work this morning, got home at 2 and changed into jammies. Other than putting a wash on i've done nothing else and there is lots i could be doing. I feel zero guilt.

PuntasticUsername Tue 29-Dec-15 14:55:15

Am I just irritated because I couldn´t fall asleep at 11am even if I was shattered?

Yes, you are wink

I'm the same - DH is the kind of person who could fall asleep at any time of day lying on a wire fence. I can be so tired my eyes feel like they're going to fall out, and still have trouble dropping off at midnight. It sucks.

handslikecowstits Tue 29-Dec-15 14:55:31

You'd be really pissed off with me OP. My family call me Rip Van Winkle. grin

thelaundryfairy Tue 29-Dec-15 14:55:41

Thanks! I guess I am a bit of a grinch. I will leave him be and feel slightly guilty for having been irked by his slumbers.

justmemeandi Tue 29-Dec-15 14:58:14

You are seriously begrudging him a nap in the day during the Christmas break? tbh you are being unreasonable no matter what time of year it is. but more so during the Christmas break. also, are you in the UK? it's not quite 3 yet so not 5 hours!

thelaundryfairy Tue 29-Dec-15 15:16:23

We are in Spain; it´s 4.15pm now. He is technically working today (self-employed, works from home), but can catch up later when he wakes up.

DisappointedOne Tue 29-Dec-15 15:18:37

DH has got into a bit of a pattern of this this week. Sleeping/dozing for hours during the day then awake all fucking night making as much noise as he bastarding can Had to read the riot act to him last night as he really didn't realise the impact it was having or the increased likelihood that he wouldn't see his birthday next week. grin

justmemeandi Tue 29-Dec-15 15:19:18

Fair enough I thought maybe you were abroad! I think Christmas just takes it out of everyone. I'm a solid sleep 10:30 and up at 6:30 for work normally but since being off work I've been sleeping really terrible through the night! Looking forward to routine again!

kennyp Tue 29-Dec-15 15:24:11

as the saying goes ..

women's faults are many
men have only two
everything they say
everything they do

i'd be pissed off too but if he was posting here saying aibu for going to sleeep he'd get high fives/yeah yeah go for it YANBU/you're entitled to go to sleep.

which would then lead into someone saying that he's full of entitlement ffor going to sleep and what about his poor wife and he'd say he's already been to the bank and done adminnny things so what's wrong with that which would then lead into parent and child parking at the bank and who parks where followed by an angry mil post regarding irksome son-in-law's sleeping habits.

etc.

TheBunnyOfDoom Tue 29-Dec-15 15:24:44

I'm shattered this week and haven't done much. I think Christmas takes it out of you, tbh.

thelaundryfairy Tue 29-Dec-15 15:25:46

Brilliant kennyp! I couldn´t agree more.

Justme, yes, getting back into a routine can´t come soon enough.

abbsismyhero Tue 29-Dec-15 16:13:23

i get unreasonably annoyed if people are sleeping when im tired and still doing things so you're not alone

Leelu6 Tue 29-Dec-15 18:19:53

YANBU. Some of my family (teens) can sleep for 15 hours. I'm so jealous of this, even though I always get my 8 hours.

Let's hope he has a sleepless night! grin

FannyTheChampionOfTheWorld Tue 29-Dec-15 18:20:33

If it's going to mean you not getting to enjoy downtime together later because he's having to catch up with his work, I can see why you'd be miffed. If that's not it, myob.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now