to wrap myself up like a cocoon until duvet #2 is reinstated?

(15 Posts)
KingJoffreyLikesJaffaCakes Tue 29-Dec-15 03:28:37

We're a two duvet couple. Always have been. We like our sleep and our space.

Completely randomly about an hour ago the second duvet has been chucked onto the floor and from now on we're a one duvet couple because 'there's not enough room for two'.

shock

I have cocooned myself in duvet #1. Am not cold, am wearing my zombie pyjamas, but I like to be snug.

Apparently I'm unreasonable for not sharing while his duvet is on the floor.

hmm

Pobspits Tue 29-Dec-15 04:03:16

YANBU but I could donate you a duvet too if you like because I bought a 15 tog one and it is so thick and warm its unbearable so basically I have no duvet at all....

GreatFuckability Tue 29-Dec-15 04:38:55

Clearly the only reasonable solution is to kill him.

NoArmaniNoPunani Tue 29-Dec-15 04:59:34

Why can't he pick his duvet up?

Postitblue Tue 29-Dec-15 06:17:48

2 duvets is the norm in Germany- makes a lot of sense actually! I like to do the 'sausage roll' and wrap my self up purposefully when he is trying to nick all the covers too....

Qwebec Tue 29-Dec-15 06:27:11

HIBU, 2 duvets here: one each. I was always cold and DP always too hot, now I have a thick down duvet and him a thin one. No more arguing over the sheets and I'm toasty all night.

Pseudo341 Tue 29-Dec-15 07:22:47

We had separate duvets while I was cosleeping with a newborn but went back to a shared duvet as soon as we could because we prefer it. It helps to have a superking sized duvet though. If he really wants to share then try buying a bigger duvet, but if he's insisting on sticking with the ones you've got then he can freeze or pick his own one back up off the floor. To be honest the very fact that he's trying to lay down the law like this would very much be my cue to tell him to go fuck himself. If he wants to change the duvet situation you should discuss it, he doesn't get to just decide and tell you what to do. YANBU

strawberrypenguin Tue 29-Dec-15 07:27:05

YANBU. We have separate (single) duvets too, we both sleep so much better.
Have you got 2 singles or 2 doubles though? Because I can see how space could be an issue with 2 doubles but not how you could share 1 single!

MrsMonkeyBear Tue 29-Dec-15 08:08:50

Another 2 duvet couple here. Although I do share mine with our small person most nights. We've tried sharing but it just doesn't work.

Leelu6 Tue 29-Dec-15 08:17:00

KingJoffrey, maybe he just wants to cuddle you properly without duvets getting in the way? If not, you are right to keep it for yourself.

Pobspits - you need an all season duvet. I have a 9+3 tog. Just swapped the 3 tog for the 9 tog. I can't imagine needing the full 12 tog in this mild winter.

timelytess Tue 29-Dec-15 08:25:20

I am a five-duvet sleeper. Try it, its heaven.

HanSolo Tue 29-Dec-15 08:30:12

Tess- how on earth do you manage the laundry?

timelytess Tue 29-Dec-15 08:39:55

I have duvet covers, HanSolo. They go on and off. Very handy.

Leelu6 Tue 29-Dec-15 08:42:05

5 duvets?! Sounds very the princess and the pea - in reverse!

HanSolo Tue 29-Dec-15 08:42:59

You can fit five duvet covers in a machine at once? And get them dried too? Every day? ( a la MN)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now