Talk

Advanced search

To only just be tucking into my advent calendar chocs?

(5 Posts)
LemonRedwood Sun 27-Dec-15 21:36:43

As far as marital arguments go, this is probably the most serious we've had.

DH bought me a chocolate advent calendar. I usually don't bother but occasionally buy one for my sister, on a whim. Both of us only ever had the traditional, picture only kind as children, so choccy ones are a sacrilegious treat.

I like to save all the chocolates and binge devour scarf them down eat them all in one go. DH has been most put out that I haven't eaten one per day and am only just now sitting down to a miniature feast of tiny chocolates.

It's not even that he wants any for himself, he just wanted to see me get a little treat each day (proper enabler)

LTB, right?

TheHouseOnTheLane Sun 27-Dec-15 21:41:47

YABU. The size of Advent calendar chocs means they're not a binge at all!

LemonRedwood Sun 27-Dec-15 21:42:33

True. Shall I tell him he should have bought me 2?

TheHouseOnTheLane Sun 27-Dec-15 22:03:15

No...you should have eaten the calendar as intended and bought yourself a large haul for proper binge. Do you not get much choc generally?

LemonRedwood Sun 27-Dec-15 22:26:11

TheHouse I tend not to buy much chocolate, unless needed for baking, as if it's in the house I'll just eat the lot. I was quite proud of my self-control. If I'd eaten one chocolate on the 1st, I'd have probably ripped into the whole lot there and then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now