Talk

Advanced search

To just want to play with the box?

(11 Posts)
AndieBiotic Sat 26-Dec-15 16:01:09

I don't mean to sound ungrateful, and please don't hate me but what is it with grown ups trying to make me play with all this plastic tat?
I mean, all I really wanted was the wrapping paper tube but nooooo, I'm expected to brum this bloody digger round the living room and pretend to be grateful. If mommy loves the stupid trampoline so much then why isn't she jumping on it?! Also, what's with these wooden blocks? Has my auntie turned into some sort of lentil weaving hippy or something?!
I wish I could exchange them all and just buy alllll the boxes.

thewolfof34thstreet Sat 26-Dec-15 16:05:37

hmm

Oysterbabe Sat 26-Dec-15 16:17:29

hmm

KingJoffreyLikesJaffaCakes Sat 26-Dec-15 16:18:42

Glue?

Salmotrutta Sat 26-Dec-15 16:20:07

Oh dear OP.

People tend not to like threads like this very much...

<sits back>

molyholy Sat 26-Dec-15 16:23:52

<rolls eyes>

SalemSaberhagen Sat 26-Dec-15 16:24:38

Yeah, the mumsnet tide has turned on these sort of threads. Unless you plaster it with lighthearted. There's no need for hmm faces though PP, you know precisely what this thread is.

I sympathise OP, the boxes and paper were the most exciting bits for my 15 month old!

ChatEnOeuf Sat 26-Dec-15 16:27:25

I hear you OP. My parents (under a pseudonym, like I'd fall for that) have given me some beautiful cutted up cardboard, it has lovely colours on it. Yet when I cutted it up some more, I find myself on the naughty step.

I'd offer you a biscuit but they are too high up and the sentence for climbing is longer than that for drawing on the walls.

ShowMeTheWonder Sat 26-Dec-15 16:27:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PixieChops Sat 26-Dec-15 16:51:11

I feel your turmoil, my parents haven't got me nearly enough Peppa Pig paraphernalia. I mean how is a pram, easel, car seat, high chair, annual, 2 giant Peppa Pigs and a Peppa Pig construction house enough for such a fan like me?
I love them all but I'd much rather just play with my brothers toys and try to drag him out of his little red car by his hair.

TheBooMonster Sat 26-Dec-15 18:14:04

My parents won't let me play with my baby sisters toys, i even offered to swap: my string threading pictures for her rattle but nooooo and it;s not like she's even playing with it, she's eating labels!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now