Talk

Advanced search

to feel fed up

(18 Posts)
Chala86 Sat 26-Dec-15 15:38:11

I have bloody cystitis and feel crappy. It started the day before Christmas eve. Have taken the vile sachets with little change. So have spent my Christmas watching everyone eating junk and drinking booze , none of which I can have because of poxy cystitis! So fed up and feeling sorry for myself. I'm going to have to go to the doctors aren't I?

Danglyweed Sat 26-Dec-15 15:50:09

I had oral surgery last week, cant really eat anything etc so kinda in the same boat. Bastards grin

Purplehonesty Sat 26-Dec-15 15:50:21

Oh you poor thing. Bucket loads of sympathy for you.

Yes ring doc and get some antibiotics before it gets worse X

Chala86 Sat 26-Dec-15 16:06:12

I agree Danglyweed - they are bastards. You have my sympathy.
Thank you Purplehonesty. Doctors are closed until Monday so I'll have to grit my teeth and bear it until then.

Danglyweed Sat 26-Dec-15 16:19:55

Bastarding dh just announced its takeaway tonight too! Ah well, least we'll not put on any festive weight eh

confusedandemployed Sat 26-Dec-15 16:24:43

My surefire and completely unscientific way to cure cystitis is to drink pints and pints of water - literally as much as you can stomach - and then don't wee until you're about to wet yourself. I hold it in as long as possible. Then, when I finally give in and pee, I find the tsunami of wee quite often flushes out the infection.

Cue lots of medical people telling me not to do this blush but it works for me...

Solo Sat 26-Dec-15 16:31:10

Got any bicarbonate of soda? Hi-ball of water, heaped teaspoon of bicarb, mix it, swig it. Do this every 2 to 3 hours and it should make it more bearable and possibly get rid of it. I swear by it!

Solo Sat 26-Dec-15 16:33:34

Drinking too much water like that is dangerous confused

In rare cases, drinking an extreme amount in a short time can be dangerous. It can cause the level of salt, or sodium, in your blood to drop too low. That's a condition called hyponatremia.It's very serious, and can be fatal. You may hear it called water intoxication.

Chala86 Sat 26-Dec-15 16:36:40

Oh no Danglyweed - that's seriously unfair. I would be sulking. Have been putting off using bicarbonate of soda. It's more vile than the sachets . Will try it again though, along with confused's surefire and -completely unscientific- approach. Fingers crossed it'll go away.

Chala86 Sat 26-Dec-15 16:41:33

Maybe not confused's approach then. Now have bicarbonate of soda and water. Yucky yucky yucky!!!

Tulip1011 Sat 26-Dec-15 16:42:32

I think you can get antibiotics from superdrug without seeing a doctor if you fill a form in online. It's about £25

Tulip1011 Sat 26-Dec-15 16:43:24

onlinedoctor.superdrug.com/cystitis-treatment.html

Chala86 Sat 26-Dec-15 16:54:15

Thank you Tulip. Will have to see where our closest superdrug is. Shame boots don't do the same. There's one five minutes up the road.

Purplehonesty Sun 27-Dec-15 08:29:03

How are you feeling today? Bicarbonate of soda isn't so bad if you mix it with water and juice.
A warm bath gives good relief and I take cranberry tablets (got them from tesco)
I also take ibuprofen regularly to calm it down.
I do hope the bicarbonate has been helping

Chala86 Sun 27-Dec-15 08:57:19

Morning purple. Feeling much better this morning. I think it may finally be going away and about time too. Think I will have a lovely bath today and see if it'll help make it go. If I can talk DP in going to the supermarket I'll get some cranberry tablets. Where do you usually find them in tesco? I don't think I've ever seen them before.

Solo Sun 27-Dec-15 11:23:14

Keep drinking the bicarb today at least. thanks

Chala86 Sun 27-Dec-15 12:29:06

Will do solo. Thank you for my flowers

Solo Sun 27-Dec-15 14:57:57

You're welcome! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now