To have no Christmas Drama to report?

(84 Posts)
Salmotrutta Fri 25-Dec-15 23:15:08

Not A One.

It was all okay.

We did sail close to the wind with The Great HandCream Drama Fight but disaster was averted.

Thank The Great Sky Fairy.

I am now quaffing wine.

PreAdvent13610 Fri 25-Dec-15 23:20:59

Congratulations, none to report here either. ADS DS2 even said he was content. grin
Peace on earth, good will to others, quite a nice concept really.

Thornrose Fri 25-Dec-15 23:22:36

No drama here either.

We had a bit of argy bargy about the best way to cut leeks and the "correct" thickness of a cheese sauce.

After reading some of today's threads I'm wondering if anyone in my family secretly hates/resents/is disappointed with their presents though! confused

Arfarfanarf Fri 25-Dec-15 23:22:53

I have also let the side down.
We all had fun, ate well and appreciated everything.

Im a bloody disgrace really.

AllOutOfNaiceHam Fri 25-Dec-15 23:23:29

Yanbu. Nothing to report here either.
I briefly got my knickers in a twist when I saw that my every-absent FIL had bought my 2yo a huge plastic singing and dancing dolls house when we just bought her a lovely wooden one, and an expensive toddler toy for my nearly 5yo, but then I got over myself and everyone had an awesome day.

Salmotrutta Fri 25-Dec-15 23:24:16

Good Job PreAdvent- you can relax a bit wink

Behooven Fri 25-Dec-15 23:24:24

All good here. Currently sitting quietly with much wine.

coffeeisnectar Fri 25-Dec-15 23:25:54

Nothing to report here either. It's,been lovely.

Candleabras Fri 25-Dec-15 23:27:11

Better than expected here. Playing games with stupid people (which meant I won, even though I'm just as stupid) made it very entertaining indeed, still chuckling!

Even dh and DM managed to avoid any nasty exchanges.

Salmotrutta Fri 25-Dec-15 23:27:38

I'm so glad I'm not alone.

I thought I might be a teeny tiny minority.

And I watched the live Sleigh Ride last night.

<smug>

I'm sooo at one wiv Nature.

Thornrose Fri 25-Dec-15 23:29:57

Oh no, just noticed we're in AIBU. <scared>

BatsUpMyNightie Fri 25-Dec-15 23:31:40

Drama averted here by me going to bed. Was aiming to end up like the fat man in The Meaning of Life but retired before the After Eights came out!

HemanOrSheRa Fri 25-Dec-15 23:32:12

Reporting in with no news. Except a laugh over MIL's gift to me - a set of Christmas Coke coasters grin. Me and DP wept with laughter. She has form. I thanked her graciously. Unfortunately as far as Christmas Drama goes I love her to bits and it really doesn't matter fgrin.

Candleabras Fri 25-Dec-15 23:32:36

And I managed to avoid driving them all home by having a large g & t at just the right wrong time, which meant I had to order them a taxi home, shame. I had to pay for the taxi, but it was worth it.

ouryve Fri 25-Dec-15 23:34:08

I thikn it all happened here. Who would have thought a small lamp could cause so much strife (both have ASD and opposing obsessions. I was sobbing into a turkey carcase, with sheer exhaustion, this afternoon)

Salmotrutta Fri 25-Dec-15 23:34:25

Thornrose - you are a wimp grin

Bring it on AIBU types.

I'm well 'ard me.

TimeToMuskUp Fri 25-Dec-15 23:35:01

No news at all. Small 'ooh' moment at 10pm when DS1 woke up crying with a migraine. Quick vomit, cold flannel on his head and he's fast asleep in our bed while I potter on here and drink everything wine. Nice, bland day.

OfficeGirl1969 Fri 25-Dec-15 23:35:08

Yup, thanks to the Sky Fairy here too, lovely dinner with lovely friends, we all had gifts we enjoyed, OH was generous and I've just chilled with Downton and Bailey's. Seeing the grown up DS's tomorrow and have had happy phone chats with them. Everyone likes each other. Phew, no dramas!

Salmotrutta Fri 25-Dec-15 23:37:08

HeMan - my MIL has Form.

Think "Soup Bowls"

And ouvrye - you okay chick?

HoneyDragon Fri 25-Dec-15 23:37:33

Dh and I were just saying what a nice day it's been. Nothing exciting or extravagant, just nice.

Dd is in bed lovingly clutching her cuddly poo (which she declared her favourite present hmm)

Dh has bimbled to bed with a full tummy and a limp (nerf gun injury)

Ds is pretending to be asleep but secretly reading his Lego book.

And I'm downstairs watching crap on my shiny new fire stick.

It doesn't get much better.

Thornrose Fri 25-Dec-15 23:37:53

Oh no, ouryve flowers

GothicRainbow Fri 25-Dec-15 23:39:52

We had a very uneventful one, was lovely! Toddler DS threw a few tantrums but with the excitement of the day it was kind of to be expected.

Food was great, all presents were appreciated and mine and DH's evening has been peaceful. Couldn't ask for more really

Salmotrutta Fri 25-Dec-15 23:40:58

Cuddly Poo???

What?

Explain please Honey - hmm

Did you knit a big poo shaped thing?

Seeyounearertime Fri 25-Dec-15 23:42:16

No drama here either.
The absolute worst thing to happen today was my spuds weren't as crispy as I'd have liked. smile

Salmotrutta Fri 25-Dec-15 23:45:11

I almost forgot the mashed spuds.

That was the biggest event today.

That and the Stinky Cheese.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now