Talk

Advanced search

to not find this joke funny (BBT spoilers)

(26 Posts)
TheTroubleWithAngels Fri 25-Dec-15 20:46:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PuntasticUsername Fri 25-Dec-15 20:50:19

Aw. Sounds as if it was probably just a joke, but badly judged under the circumstances. I don't blame you for being upset flowers

WaverleyOwl Fri 25-Dec-15 20:50:52

Wow. That's cold. Poor you 😢 Is this a good friend? Could you message back something to let them know it was a crap thing to send?

TheTroubleWithAngels Fri 25-Dec-15 20:51:37

B33rTricksPott3r Fri 25-Dec-15 20:54:20

That's just mean. The whole point of Amy and Sheldon isn't a lack of 'hope' any more than there is between Penny and Leonard or any other characters.

A pithy 'Finding it hard to differentiate between Televison and Real Life, huh?" In reply would be good.

KingJoffreyLikesJaffaCakes Fri 25-Dec-15 21:06:29

That person isn't a friend.

ALemonyPea Fri 25-Dec-15 21:08:33

Oh that's mean. Send them back a picture of Howard and say 'thought the same about you'

665TheNeighbourOfTheBeast Fri 25-Dec-15 21:10:56

Send back picture of a pig and David Cameron with the words
"And for you too"

TheTroubleWithAngels Fri 25-Dec-15 21:11:51

Arfarfanarf Fri 25-Dec-15 21:14:33

It was.
Its ok to tell someone when theyve upset you.
You dont have to accept hurt because someone tells you its a joke

TheSquashyHatofMrGnosspelius Fri 25-Dec-15 21:15:13

it will just lead to upset THIS shows what a nice person you are. Your 'friend' does not deserve you OP.

elQuintoConyo Fri 25-Dec-15 21:16:18

Oof, that was harsh shock with friends like that, who needs enemies?

I'd honestly send back the last line of your last post that was really fucking mean .

flowers

hollieberrie Fri 25-Dec-15 21:16:58

Ouch. Unmumsnetty Christmas hugs for you OP. I think rising above is the right thing. And maybe avoid this "friend" for a while.

TheTroubleWithAngels Fri 25-Dec-15 21:21:46

GloriaHotcakes Fri 25-Dec-15 21:24:30

ChristmasZombie Fri 25-Dec-15 21:26:46

A poor taste "joke". Take the high road and ignore.

TheTroubleWithAngels Fri 25-Dec-15 21:27:38

FrancesNiadova Fri 25-Dec-15 21:29:27

If you want to leave it until you can think clearly, then do.
When you're ready, you can calmly reply that it wasn't a kind comment, certainly not one that a friend would send & that you hope that she can find a kind way forward if she wishes to remain your friend.
Merry Christmas Angels & may 2016 have lots of wonderful surprises for you -x- flowers

GloriaHotcakes Fri 25-Dec-15 21:37:50

Mmmmcake123 Fri 25-Dec-15 21:43:06

Really shit joke, hugs to you.
I wouldn't reply, if she mentions it to you, just say you did get it but didn't have a clue how to respond.

madamedesevigne Fri 25-Dec-15 21:51:27

ouch! If they are otherwise a good friend I'd respond with something like "too near the bone right now" or something. I sympathise, I heard the lyrics to the new LCD Soundsystem song and couldn't enjoy it cos they're all about someone being lonely at Christmas and I felt like the band were somehow mocking me personally! Hope you've had a lovely day apart from that.

Jux Fri 25-Dec-15 21:56:22

I wouldn't reply. When you see her face to face, if she mentions it say you thought it was rather unkind actually and wait for her to apologise. If she doesn't mention it, then I would try to bring it up lightly and see what her response is. She could be horror-struck that she's upset you.

Poor you. Hope the rest of the season is happier for you flowers

Crankycunt Fri 25-Dec-15 23:10:09

It depends on what kind of relationship you've got with this friend. I have friends who would find it funny, and friends that wouldn't. If someone sent that to me when I was single i'd find it funny. But that is just me.

You say you've had a lot to drink, could that be heightening your reaction to it?

I'm sorry you're having a shitty day flowers

TheTroubleWithAngels Fri 25-Dec-15 23:14:51

CalleighDoodle Fri 25-Dec-15 23:15:14

That is not a joke, it is a mean comment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now