Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Organ Donor Register

(8 Posts)
Fredmitten Fri 25-Dec-15 20:18:29

No heavy handing here.

Just a very brief note on a busy bit of the site to say if you genuinely have a good reason to decide not to, that is more than fine.

But, all major faiths in the UK support organ donation, there is no evidence to support the fact you get less care if on the register, and it potentially saves your family a huge amount of heart ache if they know what you wanted (even if it's a no).

Have a fab Christmas - and let your family know what you want.

KingJoffreyLikesJaffaCakes Fri 25-Dec-15 20:37:48

I'd like something more permanent. Organ Donor Tattoo?

I want my various parts to go to as many different people as possible. I love love love the idea that if I should die part of me could save someone else. DP is a bit iffy about it though and I worry he'd panic/get all emotiobal and say no.

Mrsmorton Fri 25-Dec-15 20:46:43

joffrey you could show DH this

Mrsmorton Fri 25-Dec-15 20:49:25

Sorry, DP

Fredmitten Fri 25-Dec-15 20:59:57

There was a chap a couple of years ago who had a detailed tattoo - I think knowing what you want is the main thing.

Osolea Fri 25-Dec-15 21:48:43

You know it's still fine if you don't have what someone else considers to be a genuinely good reason not to donate too right?

But I agree with you, knowing what you want having taken the time to consider it, and then letting your family know is definitely the main thing.

SparklyTinselTits Fri 25-Dec-15 21:55:20

I agree that it's massively important that your family are aware of your wishes to donate - and more importantly WHAT you want to be donated.
I've been an organ donor for a while now, and have recently registered to be a living donor (kidney, partial liver and bone marrow), and as morbid as it sounds, I've made sure my DH as well as my parents are aware of my wishes if the worst should happen. Couldn't bear to think of me dying, my DH and parents not being aware of my wishes and then perfectly healthy, donatable organs going to waste!

swooosh Fri 25-Dec-15 21:55:21

A tattoo is useless if your next of kin does not consent to your organs being donated, this sadly overrules any other decision made by yourself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now