Talk

Advanced search

To be sick of the judgement

(51 Posts)
Busybuzzybumblebee Fri 25-Dec-15 17:47:05

Mn seems to be so judgemental and miserable about Christmas. All the posts about how crass it is to buy presents, frankly I'll buy what I can afford for my ds and what I think is appopriate, being told I should only buy too cause there are poor people is ridiculous, or not to take photos for a second as clearly means ignoring my child, or to tell all kids Santa doesn't exist past the age of 3 etc. people should mind their own business and stop judging other families

Squeegle Fri 25-Dec-15 17:49:22

Who's telling you anything?

BatsUpMyNightie Fri 25-Dec-15 17:50:09

Excellent! Stop posting these things in the topic that positively pleads for judgement then!

mudandmayhem01 Fri 25-Dec-15 17:51:01

I haven't seen anyone judging anyone tbh just expressing different ways of doing things.

Busybuzzybumblebee Fri 25-Dec-15 17:51:53

There is a lot of judgement on mns about people who buy presents etc.

OddSocksHighHeels Fri 25-Dec-15 17:52:30

I've seen people annoyed by braggy Facebook stuff but not judging how others spend Christmas. Nobody knows anyway unless you tell them.

Busybuzzybumblebee Fri 25-Dec-15 17:52:37

No ones telling me anything as I said mns seems very judgemental about xmas

hobnobsaremyfave Fri 25-Dec-15 17:52:52

Yawn

B33rTricksPott3r Fri 25-Dec-15 17:53:04

Who cares?

TwatTheNinja Fri 25-Dec-15 17:53:42

Okaaaay must be reading a different MN to me, I'm sure there are some people saying these things. But I find on a whole posters are pretty normal confused

mudandmayhem01 Fri 25-Dec-15 17:54:09

I think there is also a lot of judgment of people who question consumerism ( I type this i watch ds construct lego which has the value of the gdp of a small country!)

Squeegle Fri 25-Dec-15 17:56:36

You said you were being "told" to only buy two presents. I don't think you were, were you?

ZingDramaQueenOfSheeba Fri 25-Dec-15 18:13:21

What do you mean about Santa doesn't exist past age 3?
Is Santa 3 years old?
How does that work? How is he so big a beardy then?
I'm baffled

hefzi Fri 25-Dec-15 18:15:25

You can always ignore the posts from MNetters who knit their gifts from their own pubic hair, you know! If people want to be less consumerist than thou, let them be - you don't know them IRL, so they're not judging you: you carry on with what works for you, and ignore people posting things you don't agree with. (Works also when it's not Christmas)

Seeyounearertime Fri 25-Dec-15 18:15:34

If MN annoys you to the point you have to post on MN to tell us how annoyed you are then its time to step away and go play with your kids that you've spent lots on.

Have fun. grin

PolterGoose Fri 25-Dec-15 18:15:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Waltermittythesequel Fri 25-Dec-15 18:16:43

In fairness there have been posts on threads I've said where the word crass has been used.

Also another stand out one that the poster shouldn't buy so much because some MNers are struggling for money, so they do exist.

Sparklingbrook Fri 25-Dec-15 18:17:21

Ooh an AIBU OP judging the judging. Lovely. fgrin

Arfarfanarf Fri 25-Dec-15 18:18:32

They are just giving their opinions.
As are you here.
It doesn't mean you have to give a shit what others like or how they do things and so what if some people on an internet forum have opinions you don't share? They have no power over you nor you over them.
Do things the way you like to do them , accept and respect that others do the same and just don't give a shit about the opinions of strangers . thats really all there is to it.
Honestly, so what if some posts have views you don't share - how is your life affected in even a tiny way?

I don't say this to have a go, not at all, just to say to you that you don't need to care what other people think about trivia that doesn't affect them.

ZingDramaQueenOfSheeba Fri 25-Dec-15 18:19:50

But is Santa really only 3????
I don't kniw what that means <cries>

abbsismyhero Fri 25-Dec-15 18:20:45

face facts they could be lying how would we know i could live in a palace and claim to be on the dole i could have three cats not three kids i could be in a mental hospital having delusions

why do you care i could be anyone!

mudandmayhem01 Fri 25-Dec-15 18:22:08

I also enjoy posting on threads where people disagree with me, I was accused of being a joyless fun sucker on the Gone With The Wind thread yesterday because I suggested it might be a bit racist, didn't take offence what's the point of a thread if everyone agrees?

MrsDeVere Fri 25-Dec-15 18:29:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ZingDramaQueenOfSheeba Fri 25-Dec-15 18:31:03

MrsD

Hey, how are you? Merry Christmas my lovely!

Do you know how old Santa is? I now really think he's 3. It's disturbing

ZingDramaQueenOfSheeba Fri 25-Dec-15 18:31:54

I want a gold iPhone 6 now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now