Talk

Advanced search

To want to write the day off and stay in bed with a big grumpy sulk

(8 Posts)
flamingnoravera Fri 25-Dec-15 08:26:26

Yesterday I spent the day cooking and tidying the house in preparation for today. I've got Ds (22) dp, dp's, mum, his dd his dgd and her other Gm coming to Xmas dinner. My own dm called last week to say she wasn't coming because she was not well enough to drive.

So last night I went out for a nice dinner with Ds and some of my friends, it was a really nice evening, I paid for Ds and afterwards he headed off to meet his dsb to see Star Wars.

I had just finished sorting the kitchen at about 11pm when Ds returned with dsb and three friends. I should have said no, but it seemed mean so I told them to keep the place tidy and j headed off to bed.

At 3am I was awoken by the young men using the bathroom and clumping around. I went down and told them it was time to stop as they had family to think about in the morning. They grunted and I returned to bed. At 5 I had to go down again because of bathroom door slamming. At 6 I lost it and went down and told them all I was fed up and cross and feeling totally disrespected.

My son just made excuses, no apologies. The others left. At 630 he finally went to bed.

The lunch guests are arriving at 1230, I feel like shit, not properly rested, cross and not in the least motivated to cook or face the downstairs.

WIBU to call it all off and stay in bed instead?

ArgyMargy Fri 25-Dec-15 08:29:18

YANBU although clearly you'll push on through cos that's what we do! I'm really sorry your day started like this - it can only get better. Your DS is a tool.

WhyCantIuseTheNameIWant Fri 25-Dec-15 08:30:18

Time for ds to be up and prepping veg by now, surely?

Gliblet Fri 25-Dec-15 08:34:02

Haul him out of bed, give him a to-do list and have a snooze. Or at the very least, plan for a nap later while he does all the washing up/tidying.

TheHouseOnTheLane Fri 25-Dec-15 08:35:20

Go back to bed for an hour. I had to do that this morning. The hour you think you're losing will be gained back....it will sort you out enough to cook etc....then after lunch go for another hour.xx

flamingnoravera Fri 25-Dec-15 08:59:07

I jest went down and made a cup of tea, he's had a go at tidying but has left beer stains on the coffee table and bags of crisps on the sofa. The cat has been sick too.

But, yes, things can only get better. I'm going to doze here for an hour, grab a shower and then wake up the dear boy, he will be set to work with the Hoover and polish to get those ring out.

Thanks for the pep talk, you're spot I with the advice and I'm taking all of it and putting it into practice right now.

Merry Christmas Mumsnetters xx

notquitehuman Fri 25-Dec-15 09:15:15

Haul his arse out of bed to help! Otherwise he'll just luxuriate in bed until noon and come down for his lunch. Cheeky git! Merry xmas to you all.

Youarentkiddingme Fri 25-Dec-15 09:31:51

Yanbu - but you know you will get up so I'm glad you are following above advice.
I totally agree get ds involved - there's nothing to make him think twice about doing it again if he's woken up to a cooked meal, beer and presents at midday!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now