Talk

Advanced search

Not sending Christmas cards because 'she couldn't tear herself away from the giggles for even a moment'

(24 Posts)
livvielunch Thu 24-Dec-15 23:25:01

It's now up to three people on my friends list on FB who have posted that they wish all their friends a merry Christmas and appreciate cards received but that they weren't able to send any because they were too busy playing games/reading books/tickling under chins to tear themselves away for even a second hmm

AIBU to feel a little bit sick at this sentiment?

Sternin Thu 24-Dec-15 23:29:25

So basically saying that anybody who had the time to write Christmas cards is loser with no joy in their life? YANBU.

KingJoffreyLikesJaffaCakes Thu 24-Dec-15 23:29:51

Better than my excuse for not sending Christmas cards...

VashtaNerada Thu 24-Dec-15 23:31:44

YANBU. Irritating.

ouryve Thu 24-Dec-15 23:31:57

Meh. It's a thick piece of paper with a picture on it. Hardly the end of the world.

TheWitTank Thu 24-Dec-15 23:32:25

YANBU. Twee and puke inducing.

NationMcKinley Thu 24-Dec-15 23:32:31

What utter utter wank.

Defriend immediately

Chopz Thu 24-Dec-15 23:32:40

We haven't sent cards but didn't say we were too busy.

wizzywig Thu 24-Dec-15 23:35:13

Oh pass me a puke bucket. #feelingblessedcrap

WorraLiberty Thu 24-Dec-15 23:35:38

I stopped sending Christmas cards a couple of years ago.

Much better for the environment and much better for me!

BitchPeas Thu 24-Dec-15 23:36:31

Do people like this actually exist? Puke.

Brokenbiscuit Thu 24-Dec-15 23:42:56

I still do cards because I quite like the ritual, but I know lots of people who give a donation to charity instead. I think it's ok.

Your friends on FB sound a bit twattish though.

livvielunch Thu 24-Dec-15 23:43:53

I interpreted it as 'you clearly abandoned your children in front of the tv to write Christmas cards but I love my children far too much to spend even a second away from them'

FWIW I actually wrote them while my DC were in bed and one has ASC and only sleeps 4-5 hrs per night so I could legitimately have used the excuse. Unlike the owners of these vomit inducing statuses who regularly palm their kids off with tv/sitters

LaContessaDiPlump Thu 24-Dec-15 23:45:13

What twattery. I devoted several hours to designing a family Christmas card, because I enjoy such things. They didn't, because they wanted to do other stuff. No need to justify how wonderfully wholesome and lovely that other stuff was.....

SuperLoveFuzz Thu 24-Dec-15 23:55:05

I was with you until you started judging other parents for 'palming off' their kids to babysitters. YABU

MooseAndSquirrel Fri 25-Dec-15 00:04:21

I dont do cards, but everyone is aware I dont do cards as I simply can not be arsed....no wholesome puke inducing reason, I just cannot be arsed - I'm unlikely to put up a fb thing either as if I wanted to wish them a merry Xmas, id of done it in a conversation.

megletthesecond Fri 25-Dec-15 00:07:36

Yanbu. I hate twee shite.

Fine if you'd rather not spend the money, don't want to waste paper or have been busy. But giggling and fun, honestly.

GiddyOnZackHunt Fri 25-Dec-15 00:10:05

Aw hun, can't you get them to bed at night? Mine sleep 7-7 so loads of time for card writing. Hugz xx

Secondtimeround75 Fri 25-Dec-15 00:32:01

This is what I'm doing

GreatFuckability Fri 25-Dec-15 00:32:38

I gave mine to the Youtube fairy so I could drink gin in peace this evening. #blessed #drunk #blessedlydrunk

TheOriginalMerylStrop Fri 25-Dec-15 00:39:54

are you sure they are not taking the piss, surely no-one posts such mawkish stuff in earnest?

witsender Fri 25-Dec-15 10:34:35

Gross. A joke, surely? clutches straws

We didn't do any...again. Combination of laziness, disorganisation really not seeing the point.

PinguForPresident Fri 25-Dec-15 10:39:44

Oh good lord!

I don't do cards but that's vom inducingly twee. I bet they have a whole Xmas Pinterest board, so "hilarious" elf on the shelf antics nightly and had an advent calendar of a different Xmassy experience for every day.

Competitive Xmas parenting to the max!

ProcrastinatorGeneral Fri 25-Dec-15 14:50:34

I didn't do cards. At all. I completely forgot and it wasn't until the spawns asked where the stash was so they could write one to Grandma and Grandad that I realised I'd fucked up royally. Whoops!grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now