Talk

Advanced search

to go steal my fucking bin back?

(92 Posts)
OohMavis Thu 24-Dec-15 14:32:39

My neighbour's stolen my bloody bin! It went missing last bin collection, two weeks ago. I left it out for a day after it was collected, but don't go victim blaming

I just thought well, it's probably been taken by some bin-stealing hoodlums or something, and resolved to use bin bags until it was either returned (ha!) or I could order a new one from the council come New Year.

However, I saw the cheeky cow wheeling her bin and MY bin out this morning to the kerb! I know it's mine as it's a darker green than all the rest, and has mud at the bottom from sploshing it up my garden.

I went out to put my bin bags to the kerb and looked inside, and my bin is full of her garden crap, so I couldn't take it back there and then. And I had to leave to get to the shop for some last minute bits, so I decided to get it back once the bin men had been - nobody brings their bins back in straight away.

So I came back and went to get it, and she's taken it back! So obviously intends to keep the bloody thing.

I know where she lives. I want to go nick it back tonight, but DH thinks I'll probably get arrested. He's probably right. I could knock on the door and go 'Oi, you stole my bin!' but I'm a but of a petal and would end up going away after apologising for it being muddy or something.

angry

Palomb Thu 24-Dec-15 14:35:09

You should have dumped her garden waste back on her front garden and taken it back. Why don't you go and knock on her door and get it back?

WhoTheFuckIsSimon Thu 24-Dec-15 14:35:30

Get it for sure.

Somene did similar with dds snow boots years ago when we were skiing. Took them from the creche. I saw them through the window of another chalet And with the help of our chalet girl we broke in and got them back!

IMustNotForgetMyPasswordAgain Thu 24-Dec-15 14:35:31

Have you lived there long? Could a previous occupant of your house have stolen it from her and she just thought it had turned up again?

WhoTheFuckIsSimon Thu 24-Dec-15 14:36:03

Can you get into her garden ok? Just go and get it.

Arfarfanarf Thu 24-Dec-15 14:36:41

Go round and tell her you want it back.
I saw you pulling your bin and my bin the other day. Mine is the darker green one, i didnt mind you borrowing it at all but i need it back now.

Goingtobeawesome Thu 24-Dec-15 14:37:11

Go and tell her you know she has taken your bin. You expect it back by 3pm or you will report her for theft. Then go home.

Obviously if you have to ring for another tell the council what number house has stolen it.

PolterGoose Thu 24-Dec-15 14:41:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OohMavis Thu 24-Dec-15 14:49:16

Polter grin

I wish I had the ladyballs.

hesterton Thu 24-Dec-15 14:52:01

Just smile and say I think there's been a muddle. Thanks, I'll take it back now. Merry Christmas.

Then mutter <you slack arsed bin thief> as you leave WITH your bin.

howtorebuild Thu 24-Dec-15 14:52:11

Just take it back. in the dark

ottothedog Thu 24-Dec-15 14:55:53

Just knock on and demand/ask for it back.

Hissy Thu 24-Dec-15 15:05:39

Knock on her door and ask for it back

Goingtobeawesome Thu 24-Dec-15 15:14:23

<sends OP some big girl pants>.

Enjolrass Thu 24-Dec-15 15:14:23

Knock on her door and tell her you want it back.

She knows she doesn't have 2 bins.

Cheeky cow!!

greenfolder Thu 24-Dec-15 15:18:41

You should have just phoned the council for a new one the second the old one disappeared. I did that when ours went and had a new shiny one by the end of the week, which I have now painted our number on!

ouryve Thu 24-Dec-15 15:21:54

I'd just go and take it back without inviting any brass neckedness by asking for it.

I ended up hunting around for my glass bin, yesterday. Was nowhere to be seen. I was stottin' because I was already furious with the boys for fighting and because one of them had leapt on the sofa with shitty shoes (which is what lead to me going out to get the recycling bins in at that point, as I had an ancient, scruffy and now shitty cushion that I was buggered if I was washing to dispose of in the rubbish bin).

Thankfully, someone found it and was kind enough to put it in our back yard, last night. It only has our door number on it about 6" high!

ouryve Thu 24-Dec-15 15:22:33

Our council charge for new or broken bins, now, greenfolder

Choughed Thu 24-Dec-15 15:24:26

Please please please go and get it. I need a nice juicy bin dispute on MN this afternoon smile

TrappedInAWitchesCurse Thu 24-Dec-15 15:26:30

Steal it back and then put a stern note through her door lecturing her on the wrongness of bin thievery. Not that I did this when the neighbours stole my recycling box, oh no.

sleeponeday Thu 24-Dec-15 15:27:08

Buy some paint or some numbers, with varnish. When the bin goes out, paint the correct house info on it. Together with REMOVAL BY ANY OTHER PROPERTY IS THEFT.

Wafflenose Thu 24-Dec-15 15:29:06

Go and get it! It belongs to you, and she took it! She knows this.

carrielou2007 Thu 24-Dec-15 15:29:35

My neighbours constantly take my recycling boxes and leave their's outside my house and I have my house number painted on them. Every time I swap them back over they come out and ask what I'm doing as if I'm the bin thief!!

gamerchick Thu 24-Dec-15 15:34:01

Just go over and take it back. I had to deal with a cheeky neighbour today after I saw her duck out of sight when she saw me. You have to grab it by the tits man.

What's she going to do stop you?

ohtheholidays Thu 24-Dec-15 15:34:27

Get it bloody back it's your bin.

Honestly I would go fucking nuclear if it was me and that is most probably the very reason that are one arsehole neighbor would never try and nick one of our bins.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now