Talk

Advanced search

Is it too early?

(25 Posts)
howabout Thu 24-Dec-15 13:53:12

DH and DC are breaking out the board games. I feel alcohol may be the way forward but am struggling to overcome my only after bedtime rule.

zombiesarecoming Thu 24-Dec-15 13:54:21

It's never to early at Christmas wine

NeedsAMousekatool Thu 24-Dec-15 13:56:29

There's a MNer in Oz having terrible troubles with her DC up long past bedtime. The rule is intact. Cheers!

ElfOnTheBoozeShelf Thu 24-Dec-15 13:57:05

Am about to make a jug of snowball! wine

OddSocksHighHeels Thu 24-Dec-15 13:57:07

Never too early at Christmas. It's past bedtime somewhere in the world wine

WorldsBiggestGrotbag Thu 24-Dec-15 13:58:25

I've just had a baileys fsmile

Caboodle Thu 24-Dec-15 14:02:30

DH making me a snowball as I type fgrin

carrielou2007 Thu 24-Dec-15 14:04:58

Dc have argued about who has given mince pies to the recycling men and bin men as it 'wasn't fair' and youngest dc was left out. Luckily we spotted our Post Lady so dc3 gave her mince pies. After battling such third world problems I feel I should open the proseco for a cheeky one fgrin

Enjolrass Thu 24-Dec-15 14:05:08

We have already started !!!blush

carrielou2007 Thu 24-Dec-15 14:08:56

I can spell just not today fblush

Pilgit Thu 24-Dec-15 14:11:19

It's 5 o clock somewhere. ....

Charliej86 Thu 24-Dec-15 14:11:34

I have just poured myself a glass of wine!

ouryve Thu 24-Dec-15 14:14:18

My boys have spent yet another day battling over whether the living room curtains should be open or shut. They've snapped a couple of the hooks with the result that the curtains look as ragged as I feel.

DH isn't back from work yet, or else I'd just lock myself in the kitchen with a bottle of port.

Mrsunders86 Thu 24-Dec-15 14:20:10

Go for it!! Never to early on Christmas Eve! I can't crack anything open!!! Overdue baby that is bound to finally show up on Christmas Day...poor husband can't crack anything open either in case we need to make the dash to the hospital. Black currant squash for me and coffee for him..Ho Ho Ho!!!

Nanofone Thu 24-Dec-15 14:21:41

Oooh - a snowball! Haven't had one of those for years. What a treat!

OddSocksHighHeels Thu 24-Dec-15 14:22:18

I don't think I've had a Snowball.

OddSocksHighHeels Thu 24-Dec-15 14:23:01

That shoul be I don't think I've ever had a Snownall. I didn't just mean today.

OddSocksHighHeels Thu 24-Dec-15 14:23:24

Oh ffs! I haven't even opened the booze yet today!

BluePancakes Thu 24-Dec-15 14:31:13

I'm tempted to start on the mulled wine. Feel slightly guilty as DH isn't home from work yet, so holding out as long as I can. Had a list of things that needed doing this morning, and have just done the last thing so feel it's deserved. grin

elf0508 Thu 24-Dec-15 14:42:02

My little boy is still in hospital so I've cracked a drink open! I need it after all the stress, luckily the other half isn't drinking so can still get to and fro the hospital

DrDiva Thu 24-Dec-15 14:51:20

It's past yesterday's bedtime.
Plus DH and I are from opposite sides of the world and believe we bring our own time zones with us. So wherever we are, we are covered.

DrDiva Thu 24-Dec-15 14:52:12

Sorry to hear about your little boy elf sounds like that drink is well deserved.

howabout Thu 24-Dec-15 15:27:40

Best wishes for you and your little boy Elf

All the best for the imminent arrival Mrsbloomers

Postman doing the early parcel run caught me in my jammies this morning carrie. DC were too busy arguing to open the door in time.

Curtains open gets my vote ouryve. Radio on at full volume while "cooking" is almost as good as port.

Game of Munchkins complete and not sure I would have understood any of it even without the 4 year old "helping" (she can't read and I can't see without my glasses) and the whisky mac. May need to pop out for a bottle of Advocaat before New Year now.

catlover97 Thu 24-Dec-15 16:29:49

Again wishing Mn had a "like" button DrDiva I love your thought process fgrin
Elf sorry to hear what you're going through, hope things improve soon flowers
P.s. Wine cracked open about 2 hours ago here as well fwink

ouryve Thu 24-Dec-15 22:36:02

DS1 and i agree with you, howabout. At least during daylight.

DS2, who is an obsessive mess, at the moment, disagrees strongly, though. And it's honestly easier to just say sod it and have them shut, since it's only even vaguely resembling daylight for about 6 hours a day, at the moment.

DH poured us a lemon vodka and coke, after he went to bed. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now