Talk

Advanced search

I'm in Oz...it's 11.30pm and DD KEEPS GETTING UP!!!

(5 Posts)
TheHouseOnTheLane Thu 24-Dec-15 13:06:58

fangry

I just want to do the fucking stockings and presents and go to BED!!

She's 11 though and not a good sleeper. We've tried today to make sure she has no sugar etc and has had a busy day but STILL SHE WON'T GO TO FUCKING SLEEP.

It doesn't stop...the baby thing...it just goes on and ON!!

11 years I've been spending nights wishing she'd just fall asleep normally!

She functions fine on about 8 hours! We live in a bungalow so I can't just get on with things.

Am toying with idea of putting some wrapping paper over arched doorway into sitting room so she can't get in for a "drink of water" which is really just an excuse to potter about!!

TheWildRumpyPumpus Thu 24-Dec-15 13:34:41

Can you not put presents out anyway? She probably knows it's you doing it at age 11 anyway doesn't she?

Just get them out and switch the lights off and get yourself to bed!

TheHouseOnTheLane Thu 24-Dec-15 13:39:17

Rumpy it would just make her worse though...and anyway...younger DD is 7 and still believes....can't trust DD 11 not to spill the beans. Also can hardly fill DD';s stocking whilst she stares at me wide eyed from her own bed can I!?

GrinAndTonic Thu 24-Dec-15 13:55:23

Close her door and tell her that she can stay awake but can't leave her room until morning. She disobeys then she gets in trouble.
Turn off the lights, do what needs doing then go to bed.

TheHouseOnTheLane Thu 24-Dec-15 13:56:33

Lights are off...it's her stocking I'm really worried about...it's always on their bed! They won't have it any other way. May have to force them to next year!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now