Talk

Advanced search

To cancel bloody Christmas.

(16 Posts)
usernamesandgingerbreads Thu 24-Dec-15 08:40:21

DD (13) was in trouble for being rude last night. She has woke up in an awful mood. We are sorting out to go away to my parents. I asked her to tidy under a table she had dumped loads of stuff under so I could hoover.

She's in a strop over this.
She has screamed, shouted, told me to go away, get lost etc and gone to kick me. I'm bloody fuming.

YouTheCat Thu 24-Dec-15 09:11:46

Remove stuff and dump on her bed.

Change the wifi password.

Tell her she bucks her ideas up or she'll get nothing.

Sallyhasleftthebuilding Thu 24-Dec-15 09:15:45

Yep ... sod dumping on her bed ... bin liner more effective.
Do not do anything for her today ... no lunch tea etc ... packing .. let her do it!! (Sneak.the inportant stuff in)
Ignore her requests and a say No alot

errorofjudgement Thu 24-Dec-15 09:21:41

Possible PMT?
DD was like this a couple of days ago, is now moping around, as stomach cramps too bad for her to help out, apparently fhmm

Katedotness1963 Thu 24-Dec-15 09:23:18

I'm voting for PMS, yesterday I could have happily punched my entire family in the face. Today cramps so bad I could cry.

usernamesandgingerbreads Thu 24-Dec-15 09:41:36

No periods yet.

firesidechat Thu 24-Dec-15 10:23:32

It's got to happen sometime though. Maybe now?

I'm not excusing rudeness and it does need consequences, but at 13 hormones are all over the place.

firesidechat Thu 24-Dec-15 10:24:33

Kicking is not ok, not even when your hormonal.

LizzieMacQueen Thu 24-Dec-15 10:28:04

Needs more sleep.

Hormones or maybe she has just been dumped by a boyfriend.

ImperialBlether Thu 24-Dec-15 10:37:19

Be prepared for her periods to start soon. It sounds like PMS.

QuadrupleL Thu 24-Dec-15 10:39:58

As someone who works with teenagers, I would suggest a sharp telling off. 20 mins on her own to calm down, carry on as if it never happened. Teenagers can genuinely find it really hard to control their outbursts. They need to know that it is unacceptable and they need time to calm down. They then need you to move on and not hold a grudge.

yorkshapudding Thu 24-Dec-15 10:52:15

Is this behaviour out of character for her? If so, I would wait until she's had some time to call down then have a chat to see if anything is worrying/upsetting her. I'm thinking maybe bullying, friendship issues, school related stress, that kind of thing. Of course it's possible that she's just being a little shit, in which case there need to be consequences and she needs to know that physical aggression is unacceptable whatever the circumstances. Might be worth exploring though if this behaviour isn't ususal for her.

Schwabischeweihnachtskanne Thu 24-Dec-15 10:58:58

What QuadrupleL said.

kennyp Thu 24-Dec-15 11:33:16

children need the most love when they are at their most unlovable. (i read that somewhere, so it must be true)

i echo the leaving her to herself for a bit and giving her a hug (or trying to, in the case of me and my daughter).

i always say "when you've finished the ... you can ...." as opposed to "do that now" etc. the "when" is less of an order and more of a chance for her to do it herself as she knows that "when" it's done everything will be "normal" again.

massive apologies for all the """"""""s.

ElfOnTheBoozeShelf Thu 24-Dec-15 11:36:48

Yes you'd be unreasonable to cancel Christmas for her being a normal teenager. As others have said, tell her off once, leave her to think, then carry on as normal. They're similar to toddlers wink

Kaytee1987 Thu 24-Dec-15 12:09:11

Definitely not excusing the kicking but I think she probably has pmt too. If she hadn't been having periods she won't understand why she feels so angry and it might be confusing for her but the kicking is out of order.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now