Talk

Advanced search

To Want to EMAIL a Complaint to Morrison's & Be Annoyed That There is No Obvious E-Address...

(19 Posts)
RockinHippy Wed 23-Dec-15 23:49:52

Just that really, website tells me to go back to the store to complain , but thanks to off goods on their shelves, DD now looks set to be ill & as she is already in a wheelchair ATM, plus I had a million other things that I should be doing tomorrow instead, that's not really an option. So it pees me right off there is no complaints email address angry

On the way home we popped in to pick up a few bits & pieces, DD asked for the mini pots of Jelly as a treat, they are tiny, she's 13 & barely eating right now, so I'm glad to see her ask for anything. She ate one & a half on the way home, but it was dark & she put the slightly odd taste down to her health problems & not having had one for a while. The 2nd one had a hole in the bottom of the pot which she only saw on finishing as we got home.

The 3rd she opened in the light & it has really obvious swirls of mould on top envy

That was a couple of hours ago & her stomach is gurgling like crazy & she's feeling very sick sad

This isn't the first time we've a similar problem with this same shop, but a shiny new refit & putting it down as a one off meant I felt safe not checkingsad

foragogo Wed 23-Dec-15 23:51:38

I usually moan at them on twitter. They normally respond very quickly and helpfully.

Ugh! Have a look at this Twitter account though - you're not alone sadly! sad 'More Reasons'

RoomForASmallOne Wed 23-Dec-15 23:53:45

Ring the store now, there will still be staff working.
I hope your DD is ok

balletgirlmum Wed 23-Dec-15 23:55:36

Your poor dd

I buy those pots of jelly for Ds quite often from Asda but the one time I went to Morrisons really struggled to find one that wasn't in the state you describe so there is obviously an issue in their transport/storage/stocking procedure.

dotdotdotmustdash Wed 23-Dec-15 23:58:25

Is it maybe this?
fresh@morrisons.com

RockinHippy Thu 24-Dec-15 00:19:35

Thanks for the replies,

I hadn't thought of Twitter, - I've just tweeted a picture etc to them, it's not showing up on their page, but fingers crossed that works and I've done it properly - thanks for the reminder

I'm hoping she doesn't get any worse too, but story of our lives at the minute

Adding photo as I just spotted that I can

RockinHippy Thu 24-Dec-15 00:22:18

Thanks dotdot I will give that a go

Looks like she will be in our room tonight as its nearer the loo, her stomach is playing an orchestra, so it's not looking great sad

RockinHippy Thu 24-Dec-15 00:25:54

Just spotted your reply Room - they were closing up as we were leaving, so sadly nobody there when I tried to call, good idea though

20thcenturyschizoidwoman Thu 24-Dec-15 00:38:45

I won't be setting foot in morrisons again after having all my bags for life stolen from my trolley and then as I retraced my steps to see if I had dropped them I saw an operative cleaning the edges of the fridges with a floor mop - a filthy grey floor mop.

wasonthelist Thu 24-Dec-15 01:09:11

Local environmental health need to know about that - it's really bad

sashh Thu 24-Dec-15 06:10:30

fresh@morrisons.com

DyslexicScientist Thu 24-Dec-15 06:39:27

Yanbu. Its so annoying once you get home, you tweet them and theybsaybto pop back into the store. ERM no I've just got home and I'm busy, I can't just "pop" back in its too far away.

user7755 Thu 24-Dec-15 06:51:45

Last week we went to Morrisons and there was a pack of cold meats (continental salamis etc) and it was mouldy. Not just a little bit of mould, the whole thing was literally covered in thick blue and white mould.
We gave it to an assistant who just took it without a word and walked off with it.
I avoid buying fresh stuff in Morrisons, the fruit and veg always go off so quickly.
Let us know how you get on on Twitter.

SusanIvanova Thu 24-Dec-15 07:28:43

Morrisons are terrible for this. They're bacon shelves are shocking.

wonkylegs Thu 24-Dec-15 07:39:19

Actually I think it can depend on the individual store - ours is very good. I have once had to take something back - mouldy corn on the cob (mould was under the label so not visible) and they were mortified, they refunded my money, gave me a new pack and gave DS a packet of sweets.
I had to do the same with sainsbury's and the experience was nowhere as good.
I have no problems with their fruit and veg lasting.

KakiFruit Thu 24-Dec-15 07:41:23

YANBU. It's almost 2016, it's beyond me how some companies insist on face-to-face or phone. Public sector is the worst for this. Hope your daughter recovers soon.

wonkylegs Thu 24-Dec-15 07:43:25

You can email via their enquiry form on here your.morrisons.com/Contact-Us/

RockinHippy Thu 24-Dec-15 22:45:03

Thanks for the replies everyone

I managed to get it sorted out today, thanks to the ideas on here smile & DH getting home much earlier than expected.

I ended up getting replies from all ends, Facebook, the form posted above & I rang the store first thing this morning too - took me a few goes to get through, but the manager was very apologetic & insisted that I didn't need to take the stuff back in straight away, though they would need them for the batch number to make sure it doesn't happen again. I did pop in later as I had to pass by on my way into town anyway. He was really honest about problems with seals breaking on some products & causing this sort of mould, apparently the naan bread & part cook bread products are a problem they expect & look out for.

He was clearly very embarrassed & worried & they had already cleared all the jellies off the shelves (I checked) plus he refunded & gave me £10 for DD as an apology, which she is happy about.

I had head office call me too, plus contact via Facebook, (though not Twitter, so maybe I did that wrong)

So they were very keen to sort it out, DD thankfully hasn't been too ill, but has felt rough up until mid afternoon with stomach pain & a touch of diarrhoea, though even a minor stomach upset & squits with a wheelchair is a big deal to cope with, so if I'm honest £10 seems a bit cheapskate.

Though that said I'm just very relieved that is wasn't worse, I have a mould allergy & she has been hospitalised a couple of times with allergic colitis, not mould, but we didn't know she had those allergies at the time either, so it wasn't impossible that it could make her very ill

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now