Talk

Advanced search

AIBU because I feel really pissed off right now

(22 Posts)
ScribblerOnTheRoof Wed 23-Dec-15 13:55:57

A couple of weeks ago, my brother asked me to look after my nephew. I drove from my village to where he lives which is about 3 minutes each way, drove home at 2am in gale force winds.

Anyway, I hadnt had time for tea so asked if I could order a pizza and that I would get nephew one too. He said yeah fine.

My card had been blocked due to suspected fraud so was unable to use it online (I only discovered it had been blocked whilst trying to order). I tried ringing the bank and was on hold for ages.

My brother said don't worry, put it on my card so I did. I ordered 2 medium pizzas, and sides etc as it was a meal deal.

I ate about 3 slices and the rest remained in his house and he was chuffed as he would have hangover food for the next day.

Anyway. I have just received this text from him:

"Bank statement has come through, forgot about the pizza! I can wait till new year for the money though :p"

AIBU to be pissed off that he wouldn't just forget it given the fact I babysat and used petrol, plus he said not to worry and he would get it?

I think I am angry because of another thing that happened recently.

I work 40 minutes away from where I live. My dad and brothers all live in very close proximaty (about 10 minutes drive, if that whereas I am 40 minutes away).

My brother asked me if I could take my dad to a supermarket 10 minutes away from him so he can stock up on slabs of lager for christmas (he already has over 12 slabs of 20 cans in his shed..)

I said this is a little difficult as i live so far away when it would be an hours job for them tops. He pointed out that I work close to my dad so could do it after work one day. AIBU in thinking that my brother shoud do it?

Me and my dad have a very strained relationship, he beat me as a kid and mentally abused me so I begrudge going out of my way for him. Him and my 3 older brothers all treat me like shit and I just feel like going NC with all of them at the moment. This is a massive over reaction to the pizza thing but as I said, its just the tip of the iceberg of a lot of crap.

BolshierAryaStark Wed 23-Dec-15 14:04:05

Message back ' No worries, take it out of the cash you were gping to pay me for babysitting duties & give me the rest next time I see you'
Stop letting your family walk all over you.

catfordbetty Wed 23-Dec-15 14:04:10

Submit your bill for babysitting. I predict it will somehow equal the cost of the pizzas.

Sparkletastic Wed 23-Dec-15 14:04:11

YANBU. Text back 'what with my petrol and unsociable hours babysitting rate we are quits' and then cut the unpleasant menshapes out of your life.

BolshierAryaStark Wed 23-Dec-15 14:04:39

*Going-obv

ScribblerOnTheRoof Wed 23-Dec-15 14:18:52

Thanks for the replies. Glad to see i'm not being U

DropYourSword Wed 23-Dec-15 14:22:53

You could always work out what your 3 slices cost and give him that! That way he can't even say you're not paying your fair share. If he's going to get that petty, I'd be tempted too!

ScribblerOnTheRoof Wed 23-Dec-15 14:27:20

I know I will regret it if I say anything though. I tend to blow up!

I think I will simply ignore

lorelei9 Wed 23-Dec-15 14:28:41

what Bolshier said.

hellsbellsmelons Wed 23-Dec-15 14:29:35

He has ended with a pokey out tongue.
Is he joking?
If not then send him Bolshier reply, it's perfect.
And say NO to your brother regarding your dad.
Just that, no explanation.
Although they say NO is a complete on here I would also say, 'NOPE, not happening, you do it!'

fanjoforthemammaries7850 Wed 23-Dec-15 14:32:04

to me that also reads like he is joking

Queenbean Wed 23-Dec-15 14:33:40

I would:
Work out how many slices in the pizza, how much your 3 slices cost

Text him and say "you're right! So sorry. So, the pizzas were £20 and I had 3 slices, equal to £1.80. My babysitting rate is £10 per hour, plus I paid £6 in petrol to get there. So that's £66-1.80 for my pizza meaning you owe me £64.20. Do you want me to give you my bank details to transfer it or in cash when we see each other? Silly me for forgetting before, thanks so much for the reminder!"

StrictlyMumDancing Wed 23-Dec-15 14:35:24

I would do what drop suggested personally. But next time he asks you to babysit, ensure you have terms agreed first: payment, food and water grin

RealityCheque Wed 23-Dec-15 14:37:34

Queenbean's text is spot on.

What a prick.

Birdsgottafly Wed 23-Dec-15 14:39:23

What's your Dad like now, does, or will your Nephew need you in anyway, for protection?

knobblyknee Wed 23-Dec-15 14:40:43

YANBU. Have nothing more to do with any of them.

Fucking hell, did I wake up in a time warp? Is this 2015? angry

ScribblerOnTheRoof Wed 23-Dec-15 14:44:09

Dad is a changed man now although still a twat.

Queenbean I am too scared to send that ext but its fucking awesome!

No, I know my brother and the sticky out tongue usually means he knows he is being cheeky but means it!

MagicalMrsMistoffelees Wed 23-Dec-15 14:54:54

Don't be scared - send that text.

You mustn't let him treat you like that, it's really out of order.

Please stand up for yourself against these bullies. Or cut them out. Life is too short for this crap.

pocketsaviour Wed 23-Dec-15 14:56:04

You are not obliged to do nice things for people who abuse you.

I think it's time you stopped taking shit from these unpleasant men.

Re the money I would simply ignore.

Re the requested booze car cruise I would perhaps say "I'm not going to enable dad's alcoholism any longer" but if that's likely to cause an explosion, just say "No, I'm too busy".

ThumbWitchesAbroad Wed 23-Dec-15 15:09:09

Oh goodness, I would definitely text back "thanks for reminding me, you own me £X for babysitting, take the £tinyamount I owe you for the pizza off that and send me the rest, thank you! smile"

AyeAmarok Wed 23-Dec-15 15:37:15

So send the message. And then put a sticky out tongue on it.

Two can play that game

Come on Scribbler, woman up. This is why he takes the piss.

ButEmilylovedhim Wed 23-Dec-15 16:53:19

How much lager does a person need? shock

Do they do anything for you, OP? Any favours? Are they appreciative and say thank you for what you do? Or are you just expected to, as the default female? I would be thinking about going NC too, if the answers are as I suspect. They don't deserve you, of course.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now