Talk

Advanced search

To ask this of my neighbours?

(11 Posts)
LemonySmithit Wed 23-Dec-15 13:13:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

hellsbellsmelons Wed 23-Dec-15 13:17:00

Ask your neighbour.
Explain the situation and see if they are staying in.
If they are then ask nicely if they can take your parcel in for you.
I'm sure they won't mind if they are staying in.
I know I wouldn't mind.

LemonySmithit Wed 23-Dec-15 13:19:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

antimatter Wed 23-Dec-15 13:23:03

Have you noticed what their pattern of slerp is? Are their lights latewhen you are back from work?
I am sure for Christmas tgey would agree unless they are in bed by 8 and have difficukty fetti g out of tgeir house.
There are other places Amazon can deliver to. Google that option but not many will be opened at 11 pm

MatildaTheCat Wed 23-Dec-15 13:25:58

It doesn't have to be your next door neighbour. Maybe there is another nearby neighbour you do know or at least by sight?

I get my parcels left in the porch.

noblegiraffe Wed 23-Dec-15 13:46:08

Leave a note on your door saying 'please leave in recycling box'?

cate16 Wed 23-Dec-15 14:02:34

I would at least ask the neighbours. My old dad used to happily take in parcels on the condition the recipient came to him to retrieve them- rather than expect him to then deliver the delivery once they were back home.

Chattymummyhere Wed 23-Dec-15 14:09:53

Just ask I've taken in many parcels the only times it bugs me is when my old next door used to order massive parcels and tell them to deliver to my house as I was a stay at home mum. I was heavily pregnant and expected to take in a massive heavy next mirror I told the delivery driver I wasn't accepting it and if he really wanted to leave it I wouldn't be signing and he could leave it hidden behind my bins.

knobblyknee Wed 23-Dec-15 14:20:36

Dont stress it, go and ask, they can only say no. Start with 'I am so sorry to bother you but I am desperate..' If you need to go shopping ask if oyu can pick up anything for them. And you can buy them a thank you for Xmas to 'make up for it'
Me and my neighbours do this for each othe all the time, I'm too disabled to lift anything but most of the local delivery men know me and just dump it in the hall. fsmile

TreadSoftlyOnMyDreams Wed 23-Dec-15 14:26:58

Ask nicely - they can only say no?

Then take them something small to say thank you when you pick it up particularly if it's a large parcel taking up space.

lorelei9 Wed 23-Dec-15 16:41:48

well you can ask
I wouldn't even answer the door if it was late and I was in my PJs.

if it goes back to the warehouse, what happens then? Do Amazon attempt to deliver again? They are usually pretty good with this type of thing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now