Talk

Advanced search

To want to punch this man

(20 Posts)
guajiraguantanamera Wed 23-Dec-15 12:47:30

For buzzing my flat and waking sleeping ds and dp??
He didn't even want my flat, just into the building!
Think I'm going to do a Kevin from home alone and put a nail in my outside buzzer!
(To clarify, dp is on night shift, not lazy lol)

Theworldmakesnosense Wed 23-Dec-15 12:48:17

Nope I'd have gone and smacked him one grin

guajiraguantanamera Wed 23-Dec-15 12:49:26

I'm waiting on a friend coming so left the buzzer on but she knows just to do a quick buzz, this guy held it for ages! Always happens to us cus we are the first number grrrr

Dipankrispaneven Wed 23-Dec-15 12:51:46

What a total plonker. Did he at least apologise?

Can you do anything to disconnect the buzzer?

swansolistice Wed 23-Dec-15 12:57:00

I hate that, and some people do hold it for ages and it makes a horrendous noise.

guajiraguantanamera Wed 23-Dec-15 12:57:47

No he didn't even walk to my door just through the hall and straight out the other door! Weird lol.
They are both sleeping again, thank goodness!

Gailplattsmissingchin Wed 23-Dec-15 12:58:53

swan so many people in my building forget their keysconfused then buzz everybody else, holding it for ages!
It makes me stabby grin

BitOutOfPractice Wed 23-Dec-15 13:10:20

How on earth did he know they were asleep?

OnlyLovers Wed 23-Dec-15 13:12:15

I live in a shared building (albeit not one with a lot of flats), and I think this sort of thing is part and parcel, although I get it's annoying and can be inconvenient.

I work at home and get buzzed for deliveries, meter readers etc pretty often. It happens in the early morning and the evening as well as daytimes. A lot of the time they're for my neighbours, not me. I get asked to sign for parcels for next-door/across the road/random people on the street too.

It's part of living close to people and being neighbourly, IMO. I try to remind myself that they do things for me too sometimes.

lorelei9 Wed 23-Dec-15 13:12:36

OP, I'm curious about this - do those buzzers have an "off" switch, is that standard? I'd want one.

Gruntfuttock Wed 23-Dec-15 13:12:56

What time was it when he did this, OP?

Gailplattsmissingchin Wed 23-Dec-15 13:30:20

About 12.30

TheCarpenter Wed 23-Dec-15 13:37:55

Doesn't matter what time it was or what OP was doing. If you need access to a building you buzz the person you're seeing or you see the building manager for the key. Or at least apologise for the disturbance.

Go full Kevin, OP.

Gruntfuttock Wed 23-Dec-15 13:37:58

Well, assuming you mean 12.30 p.m., i.e. shortly before you posted the thread, and not a.m., I don't think the man would've deserved the punch you wanted to give him tbh.

Gailplattsmissingchin Wed 23-Dec-15 19:24:12

It happened again about half an hour later (different guy) and I opened the door and he was stood at my neighbours like "oh.. Ehh.. I pressed the wrong buzzer.."

Yes. Yes you fucking did.
Prick

Dipankrispaneven Wed 23-Dec-15 20:12:04

Gruntfuttock, I don't think the time makes a difference. If you're disturbing a total stranger for your convenience, you aren't entitled to assume that they won't be ill, have a sleeping baby, be on night shifts or whatever.

BitOutOfPractice Wed 23-Dec-15 21:23:03

Well on that basis nobody would ring anyone's doorbell ever. Ridiculous

BrandNewAndImproved Wed 23-Dec-15 21:25:00

I hate this! I'm number one and frequently get random buzzings. I'm not a doorman, or a warden or the keeper for the flats just because I'm number one.

guajiraguantanamera Wed 23-Dec-15 21:37:16

Not as bad as they day I was having a wee nap on my day off, about 7 months pregnant and two old dears decided to buzz my door and start to chat to be about God..
They nearly met God that day...

Gailplattsmissingchin Wed 23-Dec-15 21:37:40

Sorry about the typos- tired momma here!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now