Talk

Advanced search

cleaner xmas bonus

(11 Posts)
Dumdiddlydum Wed 23-Dec-15 11:15:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

glueandstick Wed 23-Dec-15 11:16:26

I think that's fine. A bonus is a bonus and should never be expected. Don't beat yourself up about it.

Queenbean Wed 23-Dec-15 11:19:21

A bonus is a bonus - anything extra is a nice addition. We paid our cleaner one weeks wages which worked out to be £12, but we have only had her for a month or so.

I wouldn't be overpaying her / letting her leave so early every week though. Don't you have other jobs that need doing? I always ask mine to do one bigger job each time - ie, the oven / windows / some ironing which makes up the time

trinity0097 Wed 23-Dec-15 11:53:30

I think considering she hasn't done very long for you that was very generous.

I pay mine £30 a week, she got a £30 Sainsburys gift card. Figured that way it could either go on something nice or just help with the cost of Christmas.

In terms of the leaving early, do you have an agreement that she does x hours for you? Perhaps you need a list of not very regular jobs that she could be getting in with if the rest of the routine stuff is done before your time is up?

whois Wed 23-Dec-15 12:18:13

Yeah that's a lovely gesture given she's not been coming to you for very long!

LillyBugg Wed 23-Dec-15 12:24:45

I didn't realise there was a standard for Christmas?! I gave mine a bottle of champagne and a box of M & S chocolates.

Osolea Wed 23-Dec-15 12:32:52

You were very generous, most people don't get anything as a Christmas bonus, so I'm sure she was very thankful.

Katinkka Wed 23-Dec-15 12:38:02

I gave mine £20, she is usually paid £30 a week.

DanglyEarOrnaments Wed 23-Dec-15 12:46:10

We have a few full time staff working within our cleaning company and clients gifts to the individual cleaners have ranged from around the cost of one cleaning visit within a card for them (say around £40 on average) to bottles of wine right across the price range to no present at all and just a card with a lovely message of appreciation for their work.

The cleaners all said that the cards with the lovely messages meant as much to them as the gifts of money and wine etc. Our cleaners are well-paid and work full time so maybe money may mean more to an individual cleaner with fewer clients on their schedule but I do remember when i was first starting out as an individual cleaner the lovely words within the cards also meant more to me than the gifts.

I suppose my point is - you don't need to give a present but I think a geniune personal message of appreciation will keep a cleaner wanting to work for you for a long time, good cleaning is such hard work and it just means so much to have your work noticed as outstanding.

FlatOnTheHill Wed 23-Dec-15 13:10:28

I think for the amount of time she has worked for you the gift you gave was very kind.

CreepingDogFart Wed 23-Dec-15 13:46:27

I glanced this thread title whilst scrolling and misread it as "cleaner Christmas boner".

Nothing else to contribute.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now