Talk

Advanced search

To think he's wrong not me

(15 Posts)
SilverdaleGlen Tue 22-Dec-15 21:12:36

Huge backstory not going through it all but DH has form for going AWOL to "manage" (habloodyha) his depression. Left Thursday supposed to be here Saturday for a family xmas week. Got maybe maybe all weekend.

Today he texts around 2 saying he's ill and tired but he's coming home. NOTHING since. No answers to calls and texts. 9pm he eventually calls and asks me "what the hell's wrong with you" for shouting at him that I'd been worried and he could have been dead in a ditch.

AIBU that 3 days late and 7 hours radio silence is fucked up?

WhereYouLeftIt Tue 22-Dec-15 21:49:59

I don't think he's managing his depression. I think he's managing YOU.

MajesticWhine Tue 22-Dec-15 21:58:54

This is not a reasonable way to manage depression. Depression is not a free pass just to fuck off for several days without contact. Where exactly is he going during this time? Where is he sleeping? And who is he with?

SilverdaleGlen Tue 22-Dec-15 22:10:55

We have a house elsewhere that we are trying to shift. He goes there. This has been going on for a year. I have 3 DCS under 6. I feel broken.

MajesticWhine Tue 22-Dec-15 22:16:32

Is he getting treatment? If not then he needs to get some professional help urgently. Or he might as well leave permanently.

SilverdaleGlen Tue 22-Dec-15 22:18:58

No. And won't.

VoldysGoneMouldy Tue 22-Dec-15 22:23:46

He isn't treating his depression, he's controlling you. This is not a responsible way of handing his health or his responsibilities in life.

whois Tue 22-Dec-15 22:39:40

You deserve better. So much better than to be beholden to a man who disappears for 3 days.

He's a selfish cunt.

SilverdaleGlen Tue 22-Dec-15 22:44:13

I'm actually regretting posting this as he saw a load of my MN posts under another nn and was really upset. But that effectively cut off an outlet for me. Quite worried tbh.

We've spoken now. All is well. 'Cept it isn't and what I've come to accept as a "normal" reaction to MH issues isn't.

Oysterbabe Tue 22-Dec-15 22:44:40

Ltb.

AyeAmarok Tue 22-Dec-15 22:54:17

He may well have depression.

But his primary problem is that he's a selfish irresponsible arsehole.

The depression is by the by.

ElfOnTheBoozeShelf Wed 23-Dec-15 11:42:25

You feel like he's cut off an outlet because he saw you were posting on here? Another red flag there, OP.

MontyYouTerribleCunt Wed 23-Dec-15 11:50:06

Agree this sounds more like he is trying to control you than trying to manage his depression. Very worrying. I have limited sympathy for him from what I've read here.

RubbleBubble00 Wed 23-Dec-15 11:53:04

Wouldn't we all like to disappear off when our kids are being trying. I was in similar situation except he didn't disappear just made everyone miserable.

I packed his bags and told him he could go or if he wanted to stay he was going to gp with me today. Happily he made right choice and we ended up in emergency psych referral as gp was concerned.

whois Wed 23-Dec-15 11:53:49

he saw a load of my MN posts under another nn and was really upset

Not upset enough to go and get treatment for his MH issues though, you know, like a considerate adult who loves his wife?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now