Talk

Advanced search

Was I BU?

(7 Posts)
elf0508 Tue 22-Dec-15 12:25:21

My mum text me last night "no internet fml" I never respond to texts like that cos I can't be arsed with her thinking its the end of the world cos she has no internet connection. I was actually in bed throwing my guts up (7pm) and I've had a stressful weekend with my little boy not being well. She had a go at me today for "not coming round to help or texting to see what the matter was"
This sounds incredibly petty I know, I'm just feeling pretty fed up with how my mum treats me. Even after telling her how I'll I am she didn't even ask if I was feeling better😪

Arfarfanarf Tue 22-Dec-15 13:08:20

no, you weren't.

Tell her to grow up.

Tell her she is being ridiculous if she thinks you can take a break from vomiting to go round to her house because her bloody internet went.

knobblyknee Tue 22-Dec-15 13:15:11

YANBU. Take a stand or be a doormat for the rest of you life. Spell it out to her - I was vomiting and could not sort out your broadband. And dont bloody apologise.

Dipankrispaneven Tue 22-Dec-15 13:45:00

YANBU. I hope you had a go at her in return for expecting you to do anything at all when you were ill.

NoodleNuts Tue 22-Dec-15 14:44:29

YANBU. What is fml and why did she need you to go round just because she had no internet? If she wanted help she should have said so.

MaxPepsi Tue 22-Dec-15 14:51:03

YANBU!

FML is fuck my life I believe Noodle

Gruntfuttock Tue 22-Dec-15 15:04:33

Why does your mother expect you to sort out her internet problems anyway? She's an adult and adults deal with things like that themselves. As for the 'fml' how juvenile. That sounds like the kind of thing a "Kevin-like" teenager would say. Dreadful too that she didn't show any concern for you when you said you were throwing up. What a bloody awful woman.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now