Talk

Advanced search

To say that the majority of us ABU..

(6 Posts)
idiuntno57 Tue 22-Dec-15 10:18:16

Life is so short, so transient, too precious to waste on petty squabbles like those played out on AIBU

I'm in my mid 40s. It appears to be an age when your friends and family of similar ages start passing away and I can't see this slowing down any.

Got a text some weeks ago from an old friend informing me that her funeral was going to be held X date and place. Obviously she didn't send it but the prev text convo around us arranging ( then postponing) lunch showed just above. Wish we hadn't postponed don't think we had squabbled. Just felt too busy in our own lives to make the effort.

So please stop stressing about in laws, parking and rude relatives and call someone you care about and say hello.

gabsdot Tue 22-Dec-15 11:04:58

I'm sorry to hear that you've lost your friend. You're right. Life is short. Don't wait to tell someone you love them

BitchPeas Tue 22-Dec-15 11:09:17

Sorry for your loss flowers
You are right.

wasonthelist Tue 22-Dec-15 11:10:55

OP Fair point, well made - YANBU smile

I do regard AIBU as a entertainment though - I am still stunned at some of the things (some) people do/say and think are fine when I'm horrified - and vice-versa.

TheWoodenSpoonOfMischief Tue 22-Dec-15 11:11:07

You're so right. Sorry about your friend.

gandalf456 Tue 22-Dec-15 11:21:41

I am sorry. I am in my mid forties too and am finding the same. Sometimes I really feel like telling people to grow up and get a grip. Not so much on here but in real life. It's totally stupid what people get upset about at times

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now